Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Changelog and Support Buttons should open new tab

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by Josh
The "Changelog" and "Get Support" buttons in the backend should open in a new tab instead of the parent tab. I'm referring to these ones:

This way you are not taken away from Joomla's administration area.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Josh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
yeah its a joomla issue, I can't add a new page/tab option. There is no function on joomla toolbar, that can do that.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by Josh
The help section (accessed from backend > Help > Joomla! Help) loads from an iframe which is one way the changelog could be shown. The official support forum link generates a new tab in the backend. So perhaps it's possible? Or is it hardcoded and it is very difficult to do for a non core menu item?

More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by 810
We have tried a modal with a iframe, but because security, you can't select next page, or click on the GitHub link at a issue. That's why we have moved this.

More
7 years 8 months ago #5 by Josh
I was thinking a non modal method, just like the Help section of Joomla. It could source from a changelog page on Kunena which if done right it would look like it wasn't an iframe (aka making it feel like native content). To prevent having to maintain more than 1 changelog the Kunena site could then reference the same resource via a iframe.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds