Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question 2 buge

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by ybeybe
2 buge was created by ybeybe
I have 2 Bugs to report:

1. There is no way to create weblinks in massages.

2. Emails are not sent from the system to members of the forum when a new massage is created in the category they subscribed to.

a link to tbe forum (HEBREW)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2 by jhebbel
Replied by jhebbel on topic 2 buge
1) Yes there is, click the link icon

2) Make sure the email settings in joomla configuration panel are properly set up, best to use SMTP as PHP mail gets blocked a lot of times.

As a clarification, members won't get notifications about new messages unless they are subscribed to the topic, not just the category. Subscribing to the category will notify them of new topics. This is pretty standard for every forum software.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by jhebbel.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic 2 bugs

jhebbel wrote: As a clarification, members won't get notifications about new messages unless they are subscribed to the topic, not just the category.

Actually, in K 4.0, that's not true. You can be subscribed to category or the topic but you do not have to be subscribed to both (unless something has changed in K 5.0). As a further clarification, the if a person is subscribed (to the topic or the category) and that person posts a new message, the author of a post will not receive an email. Only other subscribers receive the emails.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by jhebbel
Replied by jhebbel on topic 2 bugs

sozzled wrote:

jhebbel wrote: As a clarification, members won't get notifications about new messages unless they are subscribed to the topic, not just the category.

Actually, in K 4.0, that's not true. You can be subscribed to category or the topic but you do not have to be subscribed to both (unless something has changed in K 5.0). As a further clarification, the if a person is subscribed (to the topic or the category) and that person posts a new message, the author of a post will not receive an email. Only other subscribers receive the emails.

This isn't k4.0, and I dont recall saying you have to be subscribed to both. Just pointing out that subscribing to a category will not notify you of messages, only topics.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic 2 bugs

jhebbel wrote: This isn't K 4.0 ...

I understand that; I was simply making the comparison.

jhebbel wrote: Just pointing out that subscribing to a category will not notify you of messages, only topics.

I could be wrong but that's not my understanding. Simple way to test the theory is to subscribe to a category (here on this forum) and see if notification of replies to a topic within the category are emailed. Then we can discuss the matter further. B)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic 2 bugs
@ybeybe are the issues solved?

More
7 years 8 months ago #7 by ybeybe
Replied by ybeybe on topic 2 buge
thank you all for youre answers

the thing is both of the problems are not O.K

I know where to send a link but it doesnt work - maybe it is a problen of CSS file with my website so if you tell me that this is it and in youre site this work I guess it is a problem with my side.

regarding the e-mail notificatiuons- this worked with the previos version of kunena - when I switched to this version it stoped working. again if it works on youre side tell me.

Thanks.

More
7 years 8 months ago #8 by jhebbel
Replied by jhebbel on topic 2 buge

ybeybe wrote: thank you all for youre answers

the thing is both of the problems are not O.K

I know where to send a link but it doesnt work - maybe it is a problen of CSS file with my website so if you tell me that this is it and in youre site this work I guess it is a problem with my side.

regarding the e-mail notificatiuons- this worked with the previos version of kunena - when I switched to this version it stoped working. again if it works on youre side tell me.

Thanks.

I`m on RC3 and I use it in a production site so I can confirm the following;

I get emails on the creation of a new topic in any category I am subscribed to (as site admin I subscribed to all of them once I created them)

I get emails on the reply of any topic of which I have subscribed to, which is automatic upon me creating a topic myself or responding to another topic, otherwise I must subscribe to new topics manually if I have not personally responded to it.

I do NOT (and this makes sense to me and I believe it to be by design) get emails when a topic is responded to for which I have not posted in or created.

If this is not what you expect then you may have to explain your reasoning for me a tad, because as an admin of a forum that gets many posts and topics, I personally dont want to receive an email for every post regardless of the topic.

If this is what you expect but are not experiencing then it is likely a configuration issue, possibly even an email system misconfiguration.

More
7 years 7 months ago #9 by ybeybe
Replied by ybeybe on topic 2 buge
Hi again

the thing is in my site: barelaw.co.il the model for attaching links is not working....

also, no ail what so ever is sent to me.
I have checked e-mail notifications in joomla admin and it is working. but from kunena forum nothing !
again, in the previous templet and version it was O.K

More
7 years 7 months ago #10 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic 2 buge
have you a link to a topic with attach?

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds