Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Validator Starts out highlighted upon new topic

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Josh
The Blue Eagle template did not highlight the title field when first opening a new topic as seen here:

This made a lot of sense because you have not yet clicked outside of the field. As soon as you click outside of it is when the validator fires. In K5 you can see the title validator fire right away:

This gives off the vibe that the user "forgot to type something" even though they just opened a new topic and did not click outside of the required field. I'm guess the intent of this was to indicate to the user that the field is required from the get go. Most people who have ever used a forum know that the title field is required. For those who are new to this, the validator nicely reminds you to fill out this field in case you missed it.

I'm proposing that the validator not be fired right away or that it having the basic border highlighting (currently when clicking outside of it, the box-shadow goes away and becomes a red border). In addition to this, the validator seems less highlighted when clicking outside of it when empty into the body area. I would actually expect the styling to be swapped (super highlight when clicked out of the title area and lightly highlighted when in it upon first view of the page).
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Josh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by 810
looks like a jquery conflict, we have improved our js. Try again when the next rc is there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds