Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Strange problem with specific text in post

More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by kunenauser40
Hi to all,

I have latest Joomla / Kunena installed.

I would like to ask you about a strange problem which happens now but and in the past with older versions of joomla / kunena.

When I write a post that contains specific text e.g. syntax of commands in ms-dos or the changelog of Joomla etc, post doesn't publish and I receive the error message "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /forum on this server."

If I delete some lines and testing to post, after some deletion and some tries it post it.

For example, if I try to post the changelog of Joomla 3.8.6 which is below :

What's in Joomla 3.8.6?
Joomla 3.8.6 addresses one security vulnerability and several bugs, including:
Security Issues Fixed
Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in User Notes (affecting Joomla 3.5.0 through 3.8.5) More information ยป
Bug fixes and Improvements
Various session management improvements #19548, #19687
Multilingual: Associated categories should display only when published #19551
Improve performance of the com_content category view with filter by tags #19284
[com_fields] Fields are not copied when batch duplicating an article #16958
Pass the configuration tmp_path to the archive package for extension installations #19608
Hide global configuration and system information from non super users #19697
Language overrides do not find plugin language files when files are in the plugin language folder #19740
reCAPTCHA V1 - Discontinued #19648
Delete existing user_keys, if password is changed #17827
PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes

I receive immediately the message "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /forum on this server." and I cannot post it.

Also another strange thing is that some users in my forum they have posted similar posts with similar words (e.g. "copy c:\command.com A:" or words from changelogs that contains similar words like PHP, vulnerabilities, [com_fields] etc) and they post it with no problem!

Is this has to do with a setting or my server that have some security checks and thinks that this is malicious code?

Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by kunenauser40.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #2 by kunenauser40

More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #3 by kunenauser40
Hi again,
I haven't solved the problem yet and some users also email me that they had the same issue with some post with text and words similar to code / php/ logs etc and they cannot publish their post because they also receive the same message ""Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /forum on this server." If they post other post with other words not containing changelogs etc the post published OK.

So to know if there is a possibility to be kunena issue or server issue so to call my hosting company, from kunena is there a chance to be a setting in configuration to cause this problem (Bad words or security filter for example) and to doesn't allow to be posted these specific text?

As I write above, even the changelog of Joomla cannot be posted in my forum - probably some filter thinks its something malicious from the words of the text......... here in kunena.org forum the changelog posted ok.

Can anyone suggest me something?

Thanks
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by kunenauser40.

More
6 years 1 week ago #4 by 810
Kunena has not a default badwords integration, looks like your input from the messages are blocked by rsfirewall? or other security plugin.

Maybe you have enabled the security module for php.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

More
6 years 1 week ago #5 by kunenauser40
Hi, I found the cause of the problem.

Just to let you know, the problem was caused by the firewall of my hosting provider (Mod_security), so I'm trying with them to solve it.

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds