Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [SOLVED] SOMETHING breaks Kunena attachment loader?

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #1 by mikerotec
I have K5.011 running fine on Joomla 3.75

But when I clone the installation and try upgrading it to Joomla 3.8.2 ( on DEV server) everything "appears" perfectly fine, but when testing Kunena I cannot attach files in any posting. They seem to UPLOAD OK ( I can see them in the TMP folder) but aside from seeing the thumbnail(s) at the bottom of the post, there is no way to attach them, nor to insert them into post as IMG. There is an INSERT ALL button but it doesn't do anything. No longer an "INSERT" button for each image...

Any hints??? see pics below

This is after upgrade to Joomla 3.8.2:

this is Joomla 3.7.5:
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by mikerotec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2 by mikerotec
Kunena Version 5.0.11 (PHP7.1)

Works fine in Joomla 3.7.5 - but stopped working after Joomla 3.8.2 upgrade.

Attachment uploads, thumbnail is present, but the (INSERT) button is gone!

see pics in this thread www.kunena.org/forum/installation-issues...na-attachment-loader
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by mikerotec.

More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by mikerotec
PS: just rolled back to K 2.7.5 and discovered that my DEV server will not do attachments there, either. Very strange! (it does currently work on the live server, and this is a CLONE)

Permissions issue? What could be hiding that INSERT button (etc). Files are not showing as attachments below post, either. So they are physically uploading (VERIFIED!) , but something is frustrating the "attach" code...

More
6 years 4 months ago #4 by mikerotec
discovered it's the same issue when I roll back DEV server to joomla 3.7.5 (oops!)

VERY strange, the DEV server is cloned from live server, yet it works on LIVE server but not on Dev server.

Working ( live server)

and...
NOT working ( dev server)

Both servers running same PHP7.1u (latest)
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #5 by rich

(it does currently work on the live server, and this is a CLONE)

If you clone a page, it's cloned also the cache. Then it is possible, that the forum to want retrieve some things from the wrong address. Empty all caches and try again.

More
6 years 4 months ago #6 by mikerotec
Caches are empty.... this is a strange one!

And I just noticed, If I add a couple of image attachments ( thumbnails are visible, but no INSERT buttons) and then use the REMOVE ALL button, it does not remove the attachment thumbnails - but rather it removes the REMOVE ALL button. In any case, thumbnails or not, no attachments show up in the message when it is posted

I'm going to restore our DEV installation from a fresh copy of (working!) live server and check again...

More
6 years 4 months ago #7 by mikerotec
Wow, this has just become a Grade-A MYSTERY .

Actually it's the same "missing insert button" on the live or the test server, but ONLY FOR ONE PARTICULAR USER.
This "testing" user happens to be the second user ever made, and has the EXACT SAME PERMISSIONS as all other users of his class.
I tried a bunch of others (same usergroup) and they all GET the attach button. ( I certainly would have heard complaints from the real users, if they were being blocked, too).

Just so happens when I was testing after last upgrade, I used this test account, and (mistakenly) thought it's a problem with latest upgrade.
It's actually a problem with THIS ONE SPECIFIC USER ACCOUNT. very very strange...

More
6 years 4 months ago #8 by rich
Yes it's very strange. Go to the Joomla user manager, click on this username and save it again. Save also the assignment in the user group again. Maybe that helps.

More
6 years 4 months ago #9 by walkyrie
Hi!
I met exactly the same problem : I upload files (/images) they appear as thumbnails, but no way to insert them. Only the insert all button appears, but without action. Neither, no way to insert file by file.
More, i can't submit my post if i used the insert button (even if nothing is inserted in the post).
I cleared the cache, i tried Php 5.6 and Php 7, try to change template... nothing better. That the case for superadmin or register user...
Thank you for your help!

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #10 by mikerotec

rich wrote: Yes it's very strange. Go to the Joomla user manager, click on this username and save it again. Save also the assignment in the user group again. Maybe that helps.

Well, tried "Save again" in the Joomla user manager, the Kunena user manager, and our CB user manager. All settings look PERFECTLY NORMAL for this user. All others in this usergroup ( and other forum-enabled usergroups) can post attachments normally.

THIS ONE USER still mysteriously cannot... I even tried RENAMING the user, (username happens to match one of the usergroup names) but no joy...
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by mikerotec.

Time to create page: 0.398 seconds