Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved bug.. users profile posting history pages 2 on are empty:

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #1 by Stiglet2
HI
using 5.07 to confirm on a copy site, and on 5.06 specifically we had a user complain he couldn't see his 35 already posted posts in his profile.

whats happened is, it doesnt say, but page 1 is set at 1 month, so when you go to page2 etc,
its indeed 0 posts, BUT theres a dropdown showing now, set to a month.

if you set that dropdown to a year the pages populate.

can someone trace the code and fix it so the initial time period is a year or more, not [presumably] a month?

would be much appreciated to have a simple code to fix initial display to a year not a month,, users are confused as you will appreciate.

btw am using blue eagle template, looking at another users profile as an admin. cannot locate missing dropdown code for page 1 of results.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Stiglet2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
You can to try to repair the code if you mean it's a bug. But there are easier solutions.
Solution 1 - The user selects the time period in his profile itself "Profile -> Edit -> Forum Settings -> Select the time limit for pages"
Solution 2 - You set in the Kunena configuration the time period global higher (if you want for the menu item Recent Topics a other time period, you can set this in the menu item)

More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by Stiglet2
hi rich
maybe you're right but i can't find users profile edit setting..
Profile -> Edit -> Forum Settings -> Select the time limit for pages

i only find a user profile edit entry for changing the order of posts in the posts list. not a time limit setting.

could someone check this visually for me?

yes one can increase the global time for recent posts in kunena admin, but that only affects recent posts on the main displays?

i'm using kunena 5.06 and 5.07. with blue eagle and crypsis and crypsisb3
i tried all 3 templates.

More
6 years 11 months ago #4 by rich
This option is available with all 3 Kunena 5.0 templates.

yes one can increase the global time for recent posts in kunena admin, but that only affects recent posts on the main displays?

Yes, in the user profile it shows the Recent Posts, therefore I had written, you can change additional also the time period directly in the menu item Recent Topics. You can set another time period or choose the option "Use Global". Find out what is optimal for you.
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by Stiglet2
oh rich thank you.
we had removed certain elements of user profile,
i've put the dropdown time setting back in the code.

webmaster is suitably embarassed!

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds