Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Can't create category again

More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by Silencer2010
Hello guys,

i deleted a category. But now i want to create the category again with same name. But i can not, because kunena says name is already in use. But i deleted the category before. I can not see it, where can i find the deleted category?

Thanks

Tobias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Can't create category again
Which version of Kunena you have installed? This was a old bug and is solved long time ago.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #3 by Silencer2010
I use latest version kunena 5.0.5 ...

So, seems like the bug is there again ?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Silencer2010.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4 by rich

So, seems like the bug is there again ?

No, the bug is solved. Please empty the cache. If does not help you must go to the database and check the table *_kunena_categories. Here you can delete it.
Warning: If you remove the wrong category, then you can only restore it with a database backup.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #5 by Silencer2010
Hm... Deleted the cache, still can not create the category..

I think when i delete a category, kunena says it is deleted and it is shown nowhere, but i can not create new category with this name, because it is still in the database and users have to deinstall the category manual with phpmyadmin in sql database then it is a BUG?

UPDATE: Funny new thing, the category is even NOT stored in the database. But i can not create the category...

UPDATE2: It really IS a bug. I found the problem. If you delete a category the alias name is still in the database in "_kunena_aliases". Users have to delete it here in the database, then it is possible to create the category again.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Silencer2010.

More
7 years 2 months ago #6 by rich
hm.. can't confirm it. I've tried it several times now. The alias will also deleted in the database. Maybe it was a double entry.

More
7 years 2 months ago #7 by Silencer2010
Don't know.

It does not work on any website. We have latest joomla and kunena versions. Even when we change alias name of a category we can not create new one with the changed alias name.

We always have to delete the alias in the database...

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds