Kunena 5.2 RC 1 Released (25 Oct 2020)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the first public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC1 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Solved Category Alias stays in use even when deleted.

More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by hennysmafter
Dear Devs & Users,

I am encountering a issue that whenever I delete a category I cannot re-use it anymore with the same alias. So for instance I have this category:

Title: Services
Alias: services

Now when I delete it I expected to be able to add it again as the alias is no longer in use! right?

But now I am forced to do:

Title: Services
Alias: services-2

Which looks ridiculous and becomes really confusing. Is this intended or is this a bug?

Furthermore I want to say I really like how the entire extension is build up and how it operates. Nice piece of software to have on any website.

Thank you in advance for helping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by rich
Yes, it's a bug. Empty the field alias then to enter the alias name with the keyboard (select the alias not with the checkbox) and save it. That should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hennysmafter

More
4 years 2 months ago #3 by hennysmafter
I wished it did it keeps saying the alias is in use. So maybe I do it wrong. This is what I do.

1. I open the category
2. Remove the entire alias (the checkbox becomes hidden after this)
3. Type in manually the new Alias
4. Save
5. Message alias is already in use cannot save.

Any idea when this bug might be fixed? Currently developing a Forum with at least 80 categories.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by 810
after removing alias, save it, then you should add the alias again

More
4 years 2 months ago #5 by rich
I've tested it. The checkboxes not operate correctly. You can only remove the unneeded Aliases in the database table '_kunena_aliases. After remove you must refresh the category (not save). If you save before the category has been refreshed, the unneeded aliases come back.

More
4 years 2 months ago #6 by 810
I have reverted that change again, now it will work, on the next version

More
4 years 2 months ago #7 by hennysmafter

810 wrote: after removing alias, save it, then you should add the alias again

I will try that! Thank you very much for telling.

More
4 years 2 months ago #8 by hennysmafter

810 wrote: I have reverted that change again, now it will work, on the next version

Looking forward to it.

More
1 year 9 months ago #9 by proserven
Hi, I see this is a bug that continue on Kunena, I have the same issue,
I was trying to create a Category Alias and the category did not show in the list, try to do it again using the same name and don't let me do it because the alias already exist... deleted the alias from the database and still do not let me do it.

Any help?

Thanks.

More
1 year 9 months ago #10 by rich
This topic is more than 2 years old and already marked as solved. It was a problem with Kunena 5.0 serie but this versions are not supported anymore.
If you have this problem with Kunena 5.1, then create a new topic in this category please and add also a Configuration Report .

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds