- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 2
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Question NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics
- eSilverStrike
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
10 years 1 month ago #178527
by eSilverStrike
NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics was created by eSilverStrike
I have my forum up and running for over 2 months and have a number of posts. I really like kunena and 5.0 adds a lot of nice features.
Today I did a search on Google for some of the forum posts and found none. After further investigation I found that kunena nofollow all forum links it creates to forum categories and form topics.
To say the least I was shocked to find this. Why is this being done? Why would anyone want to nofollow internal links on their website? I understand external links posted by users but not internal ones generated by the site for navigation. If Google is not allowed to visit pages to discover content then how will it index it?
This also happens with the Kunena Latest Forum Posts module.
This is a VERY URGENT issue that needs to be fixed. After searching I see that this issue has been brought up before but nothing has been done about it.
If Google cannot discover the forum content then it will not be indexed...
Today I did a search on Google for some of the forum posts and found none. After further investigation I found that kunena nofollow all forum links it creates to forum categories and form topics.
To say the least I was shocked to find this. Why is this being done? Why would anyone want to nofollow internal links on their website? I understand external links posted by users but not internal ones generated by the site for navigation. If Google is not allowed to visit pages to discover content then how will it index it?
This also happens with the Kunena Latest Forum Posts module.
This is a VERY URGENT issue that needs to be fixed. After searching I see that this issue has been brought up before but nothing has been done about it.
If Google cannot discover the forum content then it will not be indexed...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #178528
by 810
Replied by 810 on topic NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics
we have that nofollow because else you get duplicated url, google will give you penalties then. But not all link are nofollow. so google can crawl the topics itself. Are you using any sef component? maybe you need to turn off the kunena plugin for that.
You can see it here: www.google.com/search?q=0+-+Method+setLe...ed+site%3Akunena.org
Else google can't find us also
You can see it here: www.google.com/search?q=0+-+Method+setLe...ed+site%3Akunena.org
Else google can't find us also
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by 810.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #178532
by 810
Replied by 810 on topic NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics
ok found the issue, will fix it for the next release.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- eSilverStrike
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 1 month ago #178539
by eSilverStrike
Replied by eSilverStrike on topic NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics
Okay thanks.
Which links should I expect to not be nofollow?
I assume the Category links on the forum index page along with the topic links in each category?
Which links should I expect to not be nofollow?
I assume the Category links on the forum index page along with the topic links in each category?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 1 month ago #178540
by 810
Replied by 810 on topic NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics
on the next version, there is only follow on the category item list.
Now the topics are crawled by the rss, but if you turned rss off, then its never crawled.
Now the topics are crawled by the rss, but if you turned rss off, then its never crawled.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- eSilverStrike
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 44
- Thank you received: 2
10 years 1 month ago #178542
by eSilverStrike
Replied by eSilverStrike on topic NoFollow attribute being used on internal links to Forum Categories and Topics
I have turned off RSS. RSS is pretty broken in Joomla for articles, etc.. in a lot of cases with shortcodes not being run and a few other things. Also RSS feeds are not as popular as they use to be. Sitemaps is what people use to tell search engines where to find things.
Why nofollow the topics on the Category pags? Are not these the same links that would be in the RSS feeds?
Why nofollow the topics on the Category pags? Are not these the same links that would be in the RSS feeds?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.437 seconds