Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved got "Please login to view the answers" after upgrade to Kunena 5.0.0

More
7 years 8 months ago #1 by baijianpeng
Formerly I was running Kunena 4.0.11 on Joomla 3.6, today I tried to upgrade Kunena to K 5.0 on my testing server. The process of upgrading is smooth, no error reported. But after upgrade finished, when I tried to read the topics on forum, I see following message in every reply post in every topic:

Please login to view the answers

In fact, my forum is open to public before upgrading. Everyone should be able to read ALL posts in a topic without login in.

Why Kunena ask visitor to login to read replies in topics (the first post of each topic is viewable by public)?

Is this a bug? Or did I missed something in configuration?

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #2 by rich
hm.. please check in the "Configuration -> (tab) Security" the option "Hide Replies For Guests". It seems that the option is enabled.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by rich.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by baijianpeng
You are right! That option was set to "Yes".

But I remember that I had set it to "No" on Kunena 4.0.11. It must be changed during upgrading.

After I switch back to "No", now guests can see replies on topics.

Thank you.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds