Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved [K.5.0.RC5] "User is missing" when logging in using Kunena

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by HugCoder
I quite recently updated to RC5 and started using PHP 7.0.8 and Joomla! 3.6.0. I have cache enabled if that matters, and I use JotCache for caching.

I can log in using the normal Joomla Login, and then I'm also logged in on the forum, but if I use the login through Kunena forum layout, with same credentials, I get a message about that the User is missing, and I'm not logged in. The username does contain a whitespace, if that makes a difference. Not quite sure if I can get more info than that, since I don't get any other error messages.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by HugCoder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
try to disable the jotcache, then do clean cache, and try again.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3 by HugCoder
Thanks for answer!

I just tried that and also disabled caching completely in Joomla!. It's still the same unfortunately. I did however just try to login using another account, which doesn't include any white-space, and it actually worked. Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I'm a programmer myself and know special characters can mess up comparisons between strings etc. if such are made while e.g. encoding/decoding. The user obviously exist for Joomla! but not when kunena checks for it, so there must be some difference in the login phase or passing data from kunena to Joomla!.

Anything else I can try?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by HugCoder.

More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by 810
yes, looks kunena strips the space. Will check it out.

when I login as demo 1, then he will load the demo1 account. If you have the same password, then you login as demo1, else you get a wrong password error

More
7 years 8 months ago #5 by 810

More
7 years 8 months ago #6 by HugCoder
Nice!
On line 468 I guess you could replace $app->input with $input though.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds