Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved K.5.0.RC3 Map problem

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by Nikiniko
I place in the map, address from Athens Greece

Unable to display Google Map.

and it shows Helsinki Finland

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by Nikiniko
Replied by Nikiniko on topic K.5.0.RC3 Map problem
Here works fine

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic K.5.0.RC3 Map problem
A comma is needed for the country to act as the separator. Otherwise Google Maps thinks that Greece is part of the city name.

However it appears that K4 (this forum) is able to work without the comma, but not K5. :huh:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Josh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikiniko

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic K.5.0.RC3 Map problem
I think, its time to move to a other map provider, because I can now see errors on the console, about api keys. You get only a key after paying a fee by creditcard. (also for the free key, you need to have a creditcard)

Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError developers.google.com/maps/documentation...issing-key-map-error

Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys developers.google.com/maps/documentation...messages#no-api-keys
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by 810.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic K.5.0.RC3 Map problem
I was able to get an API key just now without giving Google any of my financial information (I know for sure that I did not give Google any credit card info on my account). I accessed the "Get a Key" button from this page .

I've seen other projects prosper with searching functionality without paying. B)

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #6 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic K.5.0.RC3 Map problem
Hello,

I had added an option into Kunena 5.0 developpement version to set your Google Maps API key, in google developpers console you need to enable too the google maps geocoding API.

The usage is free untill you go over 25,000 maps loaded by day from site web. It's detailled here : developers.google.com/maps/premium/usage-limits

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds