Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved K5.0 Forum Template Styling

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by GeJay
Unless I missed it somewhere, I just installed K5.0 in my test Joomla site, first with the Protostar template, then the Beez, and then one of my own. Using both of the Crypsis templates in Kunena, I find that the forum layout and style looks almost like it has no CSS.

Am I to assume this is how it is now, and using/upgrading to K5.0 is going to require a complete customized template built to match my own theme?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by WolfgangOWL
Kunena 5 should work at least with Protostar and Crypsis (not Crypsisb3). If not there must be something wrong with your installation. Try to set "Load Bootstrap css" to "Yes" in the Crypsis basic settings.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by GeJay
Replied by GeJay on topic K5.0 Forum Template Styling
It helped some, thanks...but wow, looks like I will need to create a lot of custom styles to bring it up to par with my theme's styling. I'm not even sure if Crypsis can even be called a template.

I certainly hope Kunena warns everyone that there is really no styling for the forums if they upgrade to 5.x. This will certainly cause a lot of upset people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpartacusBSN

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by WolfgangOWL

GeJay wrote: I certainly hope Kunena warns everyone that there is really no styling for the forums if they upgrade to 5.x. This will certainly cause a lot of upset people.

I don't agree with you. I like the Crypsis template better than Blue Eagle and use it with Kunena 4 on my live website. I didn't receive a single complaint from our forum members when I switched over from Blue Eagle to Crypsis. I have a test site running with Kunena 5.0 RC3 and Crypsis and apart from a few style adjustments I had to appliy it is running fine.

Perhaps you could post a link to your test site so we can see what is wrong with it.

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by GeJay
Replied by GeJay on topic K5.0 Forum Template Styling
I think where the issue will come is from templates that are based on the Blue Eagle template. But I've attached a file of the Crypsis vs my current template from my live site.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds