Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved [K.5.0.RC2] #klogin should open login form in a visible way

More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by ssh
if you are a guest user, At the end of every post you will see a link to login.

Something like this:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
example.com/category/topic-tilte #klogin

This part at the end of the link " #klogin " should open the login form in a visible way.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by jhebbel
At the end of every post, or at the end of the conversation? I see no need to clutter up the posts even more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssh

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled

chiripas wrote: if you are a guest user, At the end of every post you will see a link to login.

Something like this:
example.com/category/topic-tilte #klogin

This part at the end of the link " #klogin " should open the login form in a visible way.

I think I understand what you mean. The problem here is not confined to K 5.0 RC2 (or even K 5.0); the problem goes all the way back to K 4.0 Crypsis.

To help @jhebel understand the problem better, go to any message on your forum where you see the link that says this. Now click the link. Where did the cursor move to? Did you see it?

The problem is even further compounded for people who are visually impaired. Because there is no ALT information, the target of the link is not accessible to a screen reader. The developers have already admitted that they removed most of the tooltips from the forum buttons which means that Crypsis effectively fails the accessibility standard for web design. Not that this matters, of course. I'm just helping @jhebel understand what @chiripas was saying when he wrote that the targe of #klogin should access (and open) the login form in a visible way—that's the key phrase here.

This isn't just a "bug" in K 5.0 RC2. This is an overall design fault of Crypsis.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ssh

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by ssh
Thanks mates for paying attention to this.

What I mean is:
The login form integrated with crypsis is hidden.
It should popup or open if a URL contains #klogin at the end
Or
Simply enable a new option in the backend to always show fields "username" and "password"

In my personal experience, after migrating to crypsis, I am having a big bounce rate, Visitors leaving the website too soon because they can't find the way to login or create an account.

I know, Maybe my visitors are not enough smart
The only thing I know is that I work for them 21 Hours/Day.

Btw, the new login icon is beautiful and smart, it represents the new standard for mobile world. There is no need to remove it, just improve it a little bit more.
Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by ssh
I have tested this new feature in RC5
Internet explorer: PASS
Google Chrome: Fail

More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by 810
for me both are working, only there is still a bug. you can open only 2x, then it breaks, so you can't close it again.

More
7 years 9 months ago #7 by ssh
Confirmed.
I'm using K.5.0.RC5 and the feature is working ok.
Please move this topic to the archive folder. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.820 seconds