Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Show Karma is still present

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #1 by Josh
In Kunena > Configuration > Extra there is still the deprecated option "Show Karma". I recall a mentioning of plans to remove the legacy option as seen here: www.kunena.org/forum/k-4-0-support-archi...rma-remaining#165244

Another deprecated option exists in Kunena > Configuration > Users titled "Show Karma Indicator". B)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Josh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Show Karma is still present
after a discussion with CB team we decided to keep the karma function.

Its now working fully again on hmvc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by Josh
Replied by Josh on topic Show Karma is still present
Sounds good. Just had to see if the feature was still deprecated or not. B)

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Show Karma is still present

Josh wrote: Just had to see if the feature was still deprecated or not. B)

The feature was "deprecated" in K 4.0 — the feature doesn't exist in the Crypsis template but it does exist in the Blue Eagle template — and we're all aware of the risks associated with using "karma".

It appears the deprecated feature has returned—like a zombie (some things just never die)—to make it's way back into K 5.0. Sounds good? Oh well, c'est la vie!

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by Josh
I don't plan on using the feature personally. However it felt strange to have a deprecated feature as a visible option that confused administrators. I wouldn't mind the feature going away, however organizations like Joomlapolis still appreciate it. The thank you button should be it's replacement. I admit that I don't have strong opinions on this subject, but do enjoy lighter code. ;)

More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Show Karma is still present

Josh wrote: I don't plan on using the feature personally.

I agree with you. I think most of us would never use this feature either (even this forum hasn't used it for over 5 years). B) I find it odd that the feature was removed in K 4.0 and, because the people at Joomlapolis were unhappy about it—it's returned like a zombie and it just doesn't seem to want to die.

More
7 years 10 months ago #7 by Josh
Appreciation from my point of view is more important to show it to what you do rather than who you are. Karma however almost generates a competitive vibe among the community. In addition to this you don't always know the reason you got it as opposed to thanks.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds