Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved bootstrap loading crypsis

More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by Twincarb
I just noticed the following when I was trying to work out why when I have bootstrap 2 loaded in my template but the icon's weren't showing in the category view.
the crypsis template was told to load bootstrap and I noticed the backslashes are forwardslashes

I have needed to add my template...
$doc->addStyleSheet($this->baseurl.'/media/jui/css/icomoon.css');

which is now loading the icon's

Would it be an idea to check if icomoon.css is loaded and load it if it isn't?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic bootstrap loading crypsis
+1 for me.

I am using a bootstrap theme (meet_gavern) and need to load icomoon myself (I do it myself via Kunena's custom.less > see here what is needed in there (it is more then just loading the icomoon.css: github.com/Ruud68/Kunena_meetgavern_custom.less ).

If Kunena is dependend on icomoon.css it should load it if it is not loaded.

sharing = caring
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ruud.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic bootstrap loading crypsis

ruud wrote: If Kunena is dependent on icomoon.css it should load it if it is not loaded.

Crypsis uses icomoon fonts. It depends on whether your template loads them or not. I think the developers should explain the dependency of Crypsis on icomoon.

The problem is that some templates work better with Crypsis than other templates. Some Joomla templates will probably not work at all with Crypsis .

When you think about it, the best place to start testing K 5.0 B1 is on the Joomla protostar template. If Kunenaany version)—does not "work" for you on the standard Joomla template, there's a very good chance that it won't work for you on a different template. I always "beta test" everything on a standard, "vanilla-flavour" Joomla site with protostar; if I have problems there then I know I will have to face some serious challenges on my production sites.

Twincarb wrote:

Would it be an idea to check if icomoon.css is loaded and load it if it isn't?

I know how to use the Joomla addStyleSheet() function but I have never heard of a function to check if a stylesheet is already loaded.

More
7 years 11 months ago #4 by Twincarb
Replied by Twincarb on topic bootstrap loading crypsis

I know how to use the Joomla addStyleSheet() function but I have never heard of a function to check if a stylesheet is already loaded.

I would have thought that a look to see if the default template loads the particular file would be sufficient using php, if it's not found then the odds are it's not going to be loaded.

Having load icomoon as a checkbox or yes no under load bootstrap would probably be an assistance to those that have bootstrap2 but no icomoon support. Especially as when I selected to load Kunena bootstrap it overwrote my bootstrap customisations.

While those of us who are able to adjust our templates or are able and have the time to work around the issue. I am sure the average Joomla Admin would go straight to the template developer or jump onto the Kunena/Joomla forums.

It would be easier to be able to have a switch as I suggested that doesn't load the full bootstrap but only the missing icomoon.css file.

I agree with initial testing and using protostar as that is the default for a vanilla Joomla install, then we test with our templates raise issues which we notice which can potentially be fixed within the new version.

More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic bootstrap loading crypsis
fixed on RC build

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #6 by jhebbel
Replied by jhebbel on topic bootstrap loading crypsis
I would like to see the Crypsis templet be a little more self contained, or self reliant. I just recently went through my own headaches trying to get this template to work, and I even tried it with a completely blank bootstrap enabled joomla template, and it still didn't want to play nice. I had to backpedal to K4.0 and a non bootstrap template to get the forum running, but that means I miss out on 5.0, at least until a non bootstrap template is developed.

To be fair some of the issues may have been my fault, I was loading stylesheets directly instead of using;
JHtml::_('bootstrap.framework');
JHtml::_('bootstrap.loadcss');
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by jhebbel.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds