Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question After install error about missing library joomla32compat

More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by aaronweb
this appears to be some remnant, it persisted until i went to the kunena dashboard on backend, upon doing so it appeared to complete the installation and started working.

php is 5.6 j 3.5.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
yes if the installation isn't completed there can be a conflict.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by aaronweb
Is there a reason the install wouldn't complete with this error thrown? Yet it completes upon going to dashboard view?

More
7 years 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
Each time that there is an error it stops the install, if you re-start the install after it start from the begining

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #5 by aaronweb
but that is not what happened, i never restarted the install.

During the install, the install stopped with the error about missing library.

I poked around on the front end and the system was broken, with not found and server errors.

I then went on the backend and most things didn't work (eror about missing library) until i clicked the dashboard link. Upon clicking the dashboard link the install progress bar popped up and it seemed to complete the install.

The component links all then worked in both frontend and backend.

However existing forums from previous versions weren't visible - see other post from me on that.

This system has been around since kunena 2.x and has been upgraded to 3->4->5. its also been on joomla 1.5->2->2.5->3->3.51 Perhaps there's an artifact issue left over from old installs that isnt checked correctly?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by aaronweb.

More
7 years 11 months ago #6 by 810
yes, make a full backup. Then uninstall kunena and try to install again, then it should work normal.

I think there is a dir that isn't have the right permissions.

More
7 years 11 months ago #7 by aaronweb
its not a dir, i regularly check those with admin tools, its working now, I just had to reset my veiw settings on the existing categories. But that was all through the GUI

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds