Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0

Solved Blue Eagle is always subscribing users to topic

More
10 years 3 months ago #175945 by sozzled

810 wrote: If a user want to change this option, then they can do it on their profile setting.

That's true, unless the users are using Community Builder :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #175946 by 810
Then you can change that on the cb users settings ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #175948 by TomasFC
OK, I think I know what the issue is and what I wasn't understanding.

First I like to say that Kunena is an amazing software and I've been using it since 2009.

The change I made has solved my issue. However, I understand that it's not right for every situation.

This "bug" was pointed out to me by a user after the upgrade.

i notice, when i post something, it automatically subscribes me to the topic? Was that intentional? as previously this was not the case, and i could subscribe only to the topics i wanted to keep track of...

thanks Tomas

Message

You have been subscribed to this topic.
Your message has been successfully posted.


I then tested this and the same happened to me for every topic I tried.

I made the change of code and my issue was solved.

It's important to mention that I have always used CB and I've never given users (I didn't know how) the option to modify their "canSubscribe" setting. In looking at the database, every user's setting for "canSubscribe" is "1". I've never changed this value.

Given this, with the changes in the new template, I have NO option in configuration settings to have the default setting for the checkbox unchecked, neither do the users.

My choice is to have users subscribe to a topic, only when they make the effort to check the box. Most users are unaware of the checkbox when they reply to a topic.

Should users on an individual basis want to have the subscription by default for every topic they reply to, I could enable that in the future, but it's never been an option so far.

So since the canSubscribe setting is "1" for every user, and users don't have the option to change it, that line of code as it was, invalidates the option in the settings for subscriptionschecked variable.

Given all this, I should run a query to change all values to -1 for the cansubscribe value so that on the next update I don't have the same issue again.

Thank you,
Tomás

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #175959 by 810
the sql for that is:
Code:
UPDATE `yourprefix_kunena_users` SET `canSubscribe` = '-1'

change the yourprefix with yours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TomasFC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #175966 by sozzled

TomasFC wrote: It's important to mention that I have always used CB and I've never given users (I didn't know how) the option to modify their "canSubscribe" setting. In looking at the database, every user's setting for "canSubscribe" is "1". I've never changed this value.

This setting was applied as the result of changes made in K 4.0.5.

TomasFC wrote: Given this, with the changes in the new template, I have NO option in configuration settings to have the default setting for the checkbox unchecked, neither do the users. My choice is to have users subscribe to a topic, only when they make the effort to check the box. Most users are unaware of the checkbox when they reply to a topic. Should users on an individual basis want to have the subscription by default for every topic they reply to, I could enable that in the future, but it's never been an option so far.

I wrote about the impact of the changes >>> here <<<
The following user(s) said Thank You: TomasFC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #175988 by TomasFC
Seems like I'm late to the party... :blush:

And I really have to work on my searching skills... :S

Thank you for your help and patience.

Tomás

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds