Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved [K4.0.10+K.5.0.B1] "0 Call to a member function get() on string"

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by HugCoder
I was posting on the forum just fine yesterday night, but now the day after I got an 500 Internal Server Error at first with some reference to the error handing in Gantry 5, but after updating Gantry 5 to latest version I get "0 Call to a member function get() on string" only.

Enabling full error reporting and using K5.0.B1 I get this stack trace:
Code:
Call stack # Function Location 1 JApplicationCms->execute() /public_html/index.php:49 2 JApplicationSite->doExecute() /public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:257 3 JApplicationSite->dispatch() /public_html/libraries/cms/application/site.php:230 4 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() /public_html/libraries/cms/application/site.php:191 5 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() /public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:380 6 require_once() /public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:405 7 ComponentKunenaControllerApplicationHomeDefaultDisplay->execute() /public_html/components/com_kunena/kunena.php:96 8 KunenaControllerApplicationDisplay->execute() /public_html/components/com_kunena/controller/application/home/default/display.php:107 9 KunenaLayout->render() /public_html/libraries/kunena/controller/application/display.php:123 10 KunenaLayoutBase->render() /public_html/libraries/kunena/layout/layout.php:61 11 include() /public_html/libraries/kunena/layout/base.php:183 12 KunenaLayoutPage->execute() /public_html/components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/pages/category/list/default.php:13 13 KunenaControllerDisplay->execute() /public_html/libraries/kunena/layout/page.php:46 14 ComponentKunenaControllerCategoryIndexDisplay->before() /public_html/libraries/kunena/controller/display.php:31

Except for a few differences I got a very similar stack trace when I used K4.0.10, except I think it said something about authoring/authentication at the end.
And that might give some clue, because the forum is open for guests to view but requires login to post. If I'm not logged in I get the error, but if I login through Joomla!'s login first, the forum is displayed just fine. (Edit: Apparently this was a fluke and only rendered fine once, right now I cannot get into the forum even if logged in)

Also when not logged in and trying to access some known existing address, e.g. a category on the forum, I get 404 Not found, no permission to view the page. So there must be something about authentication, but why this started to occur over night, without any changes from my part, I have no idea. I viewed as a guest, logged in through a topic and wrote in a new post last night.

I'm using PHP7 and Joomla! 3.5.1, and CrypsisB3. The reason I so hastely updated to K5.0.B1 was because I thought this error was a PHP7 error, but it seems like there's more to it. Edit2: Actually changing from PHP7 to PHP5.6 seems to have fixed the error.

Thanks for your great work!
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by HugCoder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Which exact version of PHP 7.0 you had used ? Do-you have cache enabled in Joomla! or with some plugins ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by HugCoder
Hi and thanks for replying!

PHP 7.0.3 is used.

Yes, I have caching enabled in Joomla! (Conservative) and I use JotCache (5.2.1 but I noticed 5.3.1 is available right now and updating it) for extra cache management. I thought I had Kunena Caching off, quite certain of it actually, but apparently it's on right now with 1 min cache-time. I do also have plugin called Cache Cleaner, which basically is a button and feature that clears the cache at either press of button or e.g. submitting an article in the frontend.

More
7 years 11 months ago #4 by 810
your error should be fixed with K5.0B1 but you can try also beta 2

More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by SvenL
Hi,
the same error on my site. I believe my forum stopped working after my webhosting provider updated its PHP 7 version. The forum worked well with PHP 7 at the beginning, but now stopped working (PHP 7.0.6) from one day to the next. After I switched to PHP 5.6 it worked well.

Is there any chance to get Kunena 4 running with PHP 7.0.x or do I have to wait for Kunena 5 (I put a lot of effort in a custom template and would like to keep Kunana 4 for some time...)?

Thanks
Sven

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

@SvenL: are-you using Gantry 5 too ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by xillibit.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #7 by SvenL
No, I'm not using Gantry.
I'm using a customized version of YOOthemes Master2 template (Warp-Framework / UIKit) and a customized version of blue_eagle (to make it work with UIKits CSS-classes).
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by SvenL.

More
7 years 11 months ago #8 by KalleM
Same Isue here! I guess the plugin "Kunena - Joomla Integration" produces this problem. If this plugin is not active the site works fine but kunena doesn't work. If the plugin is activatet the whole member Area didn't work.

Joomla 3.5.1 / PHP 7.0.6 / Kunena 4.0.10 with Blue Eagle Template

More
7 years 11 months ago #9 by vawaver
The same here.
Joomla 3.5.1 / PHP 7.0.6/ Kunena 4.0.10 with Protostar Template

More
7 years 11 months ago #10 by 810
Blue is will not have full PHP7 support, you need to wait for K5.0

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds