Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Attachments in email not linking to attachments

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1 by dewebmeester
Hi there,
Noticed that users do not receive the attachments in email when placing an attachment in a post. Link to attachment is send when inserting the attachment in the post but the link is of format: media/kunena/attachments/userID/attachment.pdf and not mywebsite.com/media/kunena/attachments/userID/attachment.pdf which makes the link useless. How to fix this?
Addition: found out that the links in backend under tab "attachments" are all linking to a 404 page. Reason: they link to the administrator/media/kunena..... folder instead of /media/kunena... folder. Do not know if one has to do with the other.......
Config settings:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : JA_Nuevo | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.0.2 | creationdate: 27 March 2015

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.7 | creationdate: 2015-11-16

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.7 | 2015-11-16 [ Albareto ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 4.0.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Joomla - Netherlands
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by dewebmeester. Reason: addition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by 810
that's a other bug, just link issue.

I think the problem is on your htaccess file.

More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by dewebmeester
Yes, easy to say it is a bug when something is not working as it should. No, problem is not htaccess file as I am using the standard htaccess file. Problem is also in backend. All links to attachment pages link to 404 pages instead of the attachment. On the frontend, the links are working correctly. Backend attachment links, link to administrator/media/kunena/attachments/userID/attachment.jpg while on frontend to: /media/kunena/attachments/userID/attachment.jpg
Could not find where to configure this settings and do not know if this influences the problem about attachment links in email notofications.
Hope there is someone with a simular problem and solution.
Kind regards,
Meindert

Joomla - Netherlands

More
8 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

For the issue in backend, there is a fix for it here and it will available in 4.0.8 : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/b0...6fa499612744f87a3afd

For the link of attachments in email, do-you have tried with crypsis if it's the same ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
8 years 3 months ago #5 by dewebmeester
Ok, thanks for the reply. Will wait on Kunena 4.0.8 as I do not see any folder components/com_kunena/admin (so also no folder components/com_kunena/admin/template....) in my Kunena install so i do not knwo were to put the changes.
But my original problem is not that in backend the attachment files leads to 404 pagina (although this is also a problem) but that de notification email does not show a proper link to the attachment. Attachment links are not shows at all when attachment is not inserted, so images are not send as attachment in email at all and for de pdf's I instert, the wrong url is generated. And yes, same problem when activating the Crypsis template. Can try with protostar as Joomla......

Joomla - Netherlands

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #6 by rich
The path is
/administrator/components/com_kunena/template/joomla25/layouts/attachment/item/default.php
and
/administrator/components/com_kunena/template/joomla30/layouts/attachment/item/default.php
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 3 months ago #7 by dewebmeester
Ok, thanks. That worked regarding the 404 errors when clicking on the attachment in the backend. Helpfull that this works again as supposed. Unfortunately did this not solve the problem with the relative link in email notification. The link which I receive in the email is the relative link and not the complete url. If only the website - live site url _ was added in the email notification, problem should be solved I think. Is this possible to add to a php file and which one?

Joomla - Netherlands

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds