Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question File uploads not working in Crypsis 4.0.6

More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by csommer
I have been testing Kunena 4.0.6 using the Crypsis template on Joomla 3.4.4 which is on the Protostar template. It simply reports "File upload failed." - tested this with jpegs, pdfs and txt files. If I switch to the Blue Eagle template, the file uploads work.

I noticed the following messages in the console in Chrome when I attempt an upload:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'H5Form' of null
d.validateField @ html5fallback.js:1m.event.dispatch @ jquery.min.js:4m.event.add.r.handle @ jquery.min.js:4
jquery.min.js:5

POST domainname.com/forum/topic/task-upload.j...62c0c526af425887ea=1 404 (Not Found)
m.ajaxTransport.a.send @ jquery.min.js:5m.extend.ajax @ jquery.min.js:5$.widget._onSend.send @ jquery.fileupload.js:905$.widget._onSend @ jquery.fileupload.js:967(anonymous function) @ jquery.ui.core.min.js:5$.widget._addConvenienceMethods.data.submit @ jquery.fileupload.js:673(anonymous function) @ jquery.fileupload.js:218m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2m.extend.Deferred.m.each.e.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2m.extend.Deferred.m.each.e.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2m.extend.Deferred.m.each.e.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.add @ jquery.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2m.extend.Deferred.m.each.e.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.add @ jquery.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2m.extend.Deferred.m.each.e.(anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.j @ jquery.min.js:2m.Callbacks.k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.fileupload-image.js:171g.onload @ load-image.min.js:1

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 300 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.6 | creationdate: 2015-09-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.6 | 2015-09-28 [ Pielungo ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.11 | UddeIM 3.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.1.1 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.1.1

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.1.1 | Kunena Search 3.1.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
this is an old joomla bug and should be fixed:
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/2202

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by csommer
Have double checked that those changes reflect in the js files, and they do.

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by 810
could you try to reupload protostar again.

I checked again on my lochalhost, its still working with protostar and crypsis. See no error messages.

More
8 years 6 months ago #5 by csommer
I uninstalled Crypsis through the Kunena backend, then reinstalled Kunena via the Joomla extension manager to get a fresh copy of the template. I cleared the Joomla cache and the browsing history of Firefox and Chrome. Unfortunately I still get that error.

More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by 810
do you have extra enabled plugins, maybe one plugins is the problem.

More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by csommer
Disabled all system plugins except those for Joomla and Kunena, and don't have any extra Kunena plugins. Unfortunately same result.

I did notice that Firefox gives a slightly different error message in the console:
"TypeError: d.form is null" in html5fallback.js file.

More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by 810
do you have admin tools installed? if yes then update it to the newest version.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #9 by opcichlid
I have the same issue here. Crypsis will not allow file uploads. Going back to Blue Eagle will allow attachment uploads. It appears to be something with the template and/or upload code specifically with Crypsis.

I do have AdminTools and it is the latest version...
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by opcichlid.

More
8 years 6 months ago #10 by rich

I do have AdminTools and it is the latest version...

Which version? When you use Admin Tools 3.6.3, try again install Kunena 4.0.6.

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds