Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question I am finding that just about any action the Forum does causes a timeout

More
2 months 4 days ago #1 by DiG
I have notices that just about every action I do on the forum like submit a post, attempt to open a post, edit a post anything like that results in a time out with the following error messageThis page isn’t workingbiic.co.za redirected you too many times. 
  • Try deleting your cookies.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #2 by kevin498
It seems that I encounter a timeout error with the message "This page isn’t working. biic.co.za redirected you too many times" whenever I perform actions on the forum, such as submitting a post, attempting to open a post, or editing a post. This issue might be related to excessive redirection. To address this problem, you may want to check about  dg customer first survey your browser settings, clear cache and cookies, or try accessing the forum from a different browser.
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by kevin498.

More
1 month 1 week ago #3 by rich
The forum worked. I also made a recommendation as to what else should be done. Apparently this has not been done.
www.kunena.org/forum/k6-2-0-support-arch...t-at-a-time?start=10

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #4 by DiG
I missed your previous post. I have now applied your suggestions.
Unfortunately there is still a timeout and a failure when attempting to open a topic.

Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by DiG.

More
1 month 1 week ago #5 by rich
The forum worked. Could it be that one of your many superusers has changed the settings again?
Then I have another question: Have you installed your website in a folder called Forum? If this is the case, change it, otherwise there will always be problems.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6 by DiG
No one else is working on this site. It is in its own sub domain in a folder called "public_html"

More
1 month 1 week ago #7 by rich
You have "Forum" twice in the address, which could possibly lead to unwanted redirects.
Your addresses are like this
Code:
https://forum.address.com/forum/recent

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #8 by DiG
 In https://forum.biic.co.za/forum/index    "forum.biic.co.za" is the actual  domain it is an independently hosted domain with its own hosting structure and public_html folder I have attached a screenshot of the root see below to show that it is not hosted in a folder called forum.

I have even changed the Kunena Menu item Forum's alias from "forum" to "home" after seeing this to prevent forum being in the url twice although not sure how that helps??.

Code:
forum.address.com/forum/recent

So when you click index menu the URL it now shows this: forum.biic.co.za/home/index instead.
yet when you attempt to view a topic the site still times out to a black screen. So changing that has not helped in any way.

Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by DiG.

More
1 month 1 week ago #9 by Pinkeltje
First of all I've never seen a menu-item type "Homepage", and it definitely isn't an alias.
I suppose all your categories are only accessible to registered users as I can't see categories or posts.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds