Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question RSS feeds

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #1 by jein
RSS feeds was created by jein
We are using Kunena RSS feeds and Feedburner
I have noted that the feed contains all categories, regardless if they are public or restricted to admins or other user groups.
What I would like to is that the feed only contains publicly available forum topics and posts.
To achieve that I have first excluded the category ids of those categories that are non-public - and this showed no effect.
Then I added he categories that are explicitly allowed - again no change in the reader (feedly).

Finally, I turned RSS feeds entirely off - again there is no effect visible.

How long do I hav eto wait for those changes to take effect? and how can I avoid that topics that I do not want to disclose publicly are not part of the feed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic RSS feeds
Hello,

Which Kunena version are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #3 by jein
Replied by jein on topic RSS feeds
Hi xillibit,

this morning I installed 6.0.10, and then started applying the RSS changes

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic RSS feeds
Hello,

Which changes did-you had applied ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #5 by jein
Replied by jein on topic RSS feeds
Hi Xillibit

which changes do you mean?
RSS related changes are described in my first post.
I installed the Kunena update (RSS feed was already activated then)
I created an RSS feed link at feedburner. I checked the result in feedburner and saw that all ceatgories, regardless if public or non-public, were displayed in the feed.
I changed the categories that should not be part of the feed in the kunena configuration - no change in the feed
I changed the categories that should be part of the feed in the kunena config - no change in the feed
I deactivated RSS feed entirely (in Kunena config) - no change in the feed
I disabled the feedburner link - no change in the feed
I deleted the feed in the RSS reader, and tried to re-insert it - this did not work as the feedburner url was identified as invalid.
I activated the Kunena RSS feed again, and enabled the feedburner link, and inserted it it in the reader - again, all categories were shown
This is also the case when in the Kunea config RSS feeds are deactivated.
Currently, both configs (Kunena and RSS feedburner) are disabled.

As soon as I activate feedburner (even when Kunena config says no RSS feed) I see all topics and threads from all categories

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds