Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Cannot Assign Template

More
2 years 5 months ago #1 by LTCreations
I've fought with K-6.0.0 Beta 5 all day today and cannot get the forum to function properly.
I tried to switch to another template within Kunena, and tried to edit the current template, but I keep getting the error, "Could not connect to Kunena server. Please try again later."

So any editing I just used my current template (created with Helix Ultimate) CSS to make the changes I wanted. Using the "default" template assigned in Joomla, and I use 1 for the home page, then the "default" for all other pages, Kunena refuses to use the "default" template for my site. Every time I click on a link within Kunena, I get thrown to a page using the "home" template, which is not set up to display Kunena - only the home page. No matter whether I leave all of the menu items in the Kunena menu unassigned to the "default" template, or if I toggle all to use the "default" template - only the home page template is used.

This is a nightmare to attempt to fix.

Additionally, I keep trying to get Kunena to allow guests to view the forum, and it works - for one page of the forum. But the "login" does not work. It's there off to the right (which no users are going to 'll work on that later), and responds like a link (changing the cursor), but you cannot click on the text - it does nothing. I "inspected" the element and there is code, but nothing happens. The only way one can log in to the site is to use the "Sign In" at the top of the page.

That poses another problem. I don't want the user to be pushed to a page other than the "Home" of Kunena when they log in. But the only way to get to that page is to use the menu at the top of the page where I created a link to the Site Forum - not index for the forum.

I can tell you I've never had this much trouble assigning and configuring Kunena. I cannot find any documentation for the K6.0.0 Beta.

What can I do / where can I turn for answers to all of these "bugs" or problems? Luckily I'm setting this up in a development site so that it's not in my live site.

I'd appreciate some serious assistance on these 4 issues. Sorry to put 4 into 1 post, but it boils down to, the latest Kunena doesn't seem like it's quite ready for the masses. After all, it "is" still in Beta.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #2 by Leen
Replied by Leen on topic Cannot Assign Template
yes kunena version 6 beta 5 is mainly for testing and you can report your questions or problems here as you already do.
And I personally have the experience that Kunena version 6 responds best with the default Tempate of Joomla version 4.0.4 cassiopeia.
(my previous test with astronoid or Helix Ulimate give more problems)

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 5 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Cannot Assign Template
Yes, there are problems with the routes. Please read these discussions:
github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2938
github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/35463

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #4 by LTCreations
Replied by LTCreations on topic Cannot Assign Template
I figured out that there is no alternative for J4.
So, with a lot of work, I'm able to get most everything worked out with some work around.

I have 1 question to keep users from clicking on the "item=101" which is the "Userlist" link in the Kunena menu. I've been trying to target that item with CSS with no luck.
Is there a way to hide that link, but not all the breadcrumb links? So far, that's the only one that's part of the bug issues where it's attempting to go to the "home" template instead of using the default. I've tried several variations of CSS to target that item, but nothing seems to work. If I can hide that then I'm able to move forward. Whenever there is an update for the v6 beta I'll use that. I just need to get Kunena prepared for several thousand people waiting for me to complete my new design.
I'm now using the Cassiopeia template with some hefty changes - but it works well with Kunena 6 Beta.

I also noticed in my original install of Kunena 6 (I cleared out everything and started over) that the sample data install button does not work properly. I click and nothing happens. No indication of anything happening even after leaving it for a couple of minutes. I'm trying to remember how I was able to install the sample data the first time, but I don't remember what I did. I'll get that, somehow. But this is just to say there is a bug with that also.

YouTube.com/@SEO-Tom
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by LTCreations.

More
2 years 4 months ago #5 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Cannot Assign Template

I've fought with K-6.0.0 Beta 5 all day today and cannot get the forum to function properly.
I tried to switch to another template within Kunena, and tried to edit the current template, but I keep getting the error, "Could not connect to Kunena server. Please try again later."

Hello,

Seems similar to that : www.kunena.org/forum/k-5-2-support/16111...rl_fopen-is-disabled

It seems that in your Php configuration settings you have sockets and/or curl disabled

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds