Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Possibility to delete posts over a certain period

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1 by harolddekker
Dear kunena, is it possilbe to delete posts over a period in a certain forum? i have been exploring to do this in phpmyadmin, but it's very difficult to see what and where i have to delete the posts.
is there a kind of manual for this? or maybe a plugin?

hope someboy can help me.

thanks in advanc.

Harold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #2 by rich
You can remove topics in which nothing has been written for a certain period of time (Kunena -> Tools -> Prune Categories).

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #3 by harolddekker
Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply, i did know that you can prune categories where no posts are done in a certain amount of days
but what i want is to delete old posts in an active category

for example a category has posts from 1-1-2020 until yesterday, what i want is to delete al posts in this category older then 1-7-2022.

is that possible?

hope to hear from you soon

regards,
Harold

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #4 by rich
Unfortunately, there is no option for this, but it can be done with a trick. Manual work is still necessary, however.
1. go to the new topics and check the creation date (like Topic started 2 years 8 months ago, by..).
2. open the old topics and go to the post from which you want to retain everything
3. moderate this post and select the move options
4. check "Move selected message and all xx messages posted after it".
When you complete the process, you will then have the same topic 2 times (once with the old messages and once with the newer messages). However, check this before you finally delete the old topics.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #5 by harolddekker
Thanks again Rich for your information!

Is there also a possibility to do this in phpmyadmin? so directly in the tables?
hope again to here from you soon!

Harold

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #6 by rich
Yes, it is possible, but I strongly advise against it because there are too many dependencies.
If you delete the posts from the database table #__kunena_messages, you will be left with many orphaned database entries that you will have to fix afterwards.

You need to know the ID of the post from which you want to delete everything backwards.
Example:
DELETE FROM #__kunena_messages WHERE subject = 'Test topic' AND id < 64
This command deletes all posts in the "Test topic" with an ID lower than 64. If you then go to the Kunena Diagnostic Tool in the backend, you will see many orphaned entries and can try to fix them.
But as already mentioned, I advise against this and take no responsibility, it is safer to delete the posts in the frontend.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #7 by Kubik-Rubik
Hi Harold,

I've created a plugin to archive threads automatically after a certain period. The plugin is only available for Joomla! 3 and Kunena 5.

You could rewrite it to remove the threads instead of archiving them.

Free download: kubik-rubik.de/downloads/aak-auto-archive-for-kunena/joomla-3

Have success!

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
kubik-rubik.de

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #8 by harolddekker
OMG this is gold!

if it works i am very happy. gonne give it a try!

thanks Harold

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds