Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Email Notifications Not Sending

More
1 year 11 months ago #1 by AlexRag
I am trying to troubleshoot why email notifications for posts or replies for people who subscribe to topics or categories.

- I want users (assuming they have subscribed categories) to get notifications if someone posts a new or replies to a topic in a category.
- I also want them to get notifications if they subscribed to a new topic and get notifications of the replies

I am not certain if I have set up all the configuration settings properly.  From what I can tell these are the ones that affect email sending is in he 
Configuration > Users > Subscrriptions area.

I set the following to yes:
Allow Subscriptions > Yes
Include Post Contents > Yes
Plain Text Emails > Yes
Category Subscriptions >  Email New Posts
Topic Subscriptions > Email Every Update
Check Subscription Box > Yes
E-mail to Multiple Recipients > 0
E-mail Recipient Privacy > Hide other recipients (BCC)
Visible E-mail Recipient >  (blank)
Treat as System Email > Yes    (not entirely sure what this should be set at).   

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #2 by rich

Treat as System Email > Yes    (not entirely sure what this should be set at). 

With this setting, only people who have been specified in Joomla will receive system mail. By default, these are only administrators, so No should be selected here.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #3 by AlexRag
I have set  Treat as System Email to No, but I a still not seeing emails go out.    Do all the other setting look ok?

Is there any way to see if emails were generated or sent out?

Is it possible my custom Email Header Image is preventing the email from getting delivered?
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by AlexRag.

More
1 year 11 months ago #4 by rich
In principle, it works with the default settings of Kunena and nothing needs to be changed.
Create a test user, log in with this user, subscribe a topic, and log out. Now log in with your account and post a reply in this topic. Then you will see if the test user receives a mail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds