Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question no text area in editor

More
2 years 1 month ago #1 by odracam

I just installed Blue Eagle 1.6.7:  Blue Eagle 5 (version 1.6.x) template for Kunena 5.2.x
and I'm using Kunena 5.2.8.

It seems to work except for the post editor:  in-between the lines "topic icon" and "attachments" there is a completely blank white rectangle where a text editor should be.  Text can't be entered into it, so nothing can be posted.  If I select the subject line and hit tab, the next component selected is the Submit button.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic no text area in editor
It seems to be this problem: www.kunena.org/bugs/know-bugs

More
2 years 1 month ago #3 by odracam
Replied by odracam on topic no text area in editor
Thank you.  I foolishly thought that uninstalling Kunena and re-installing it might help.  The "Preparing " progress bar is at about 1% and hasn't moved in half an hour.  I don't think it's going to work and I don't know how to stop it.

I'm new at this.

More
2 years 1 month ago #4 by odracam
So, is there a way to abort a Kunena installation that is going wrong?  It's still showing no progress, but I'm going over my RAM limits.

More
2 years 1 month ago #5 by rich
Replied by rich on topic no text area in editor
Uninstalling and reinstalling would not have helped in your case. Nevertheless, there should be no problems with an un and reinstallation.
If you cannot cancel the installation, use the browser back button.

More
2 years 1 month ago #6 by odracam
Thank you very much, rich.  It seems I've caused a big mess.  I'm still trying to re-install.  It's still in the "Preparing " stage and the progress bar has not moved at all.  I assume that a Kunena installation should not take hours.  I cleared the cache before I began.  When I go to Extensions/Manage I find the following Kunena items installed and enabled:

System - Kunena Forum Plugin
Quick Icon - Kunena Forum Plugin
Kunena Framework Library
Kunena Media Files
Kunena Forum Administrator Component
Kunena Forum Package

But the control panel says, "Please complete Kunena installation!".  I don't know what might be causing the installation to hang up or how to fix it.

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds