Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question BBCode icons bar

More
2 years 3 months ago #1 by 614cooker
BBCode icons bar was created by 614cooker
Hello all, after a very hard time getting kunena working with the Helix 3 template I have finally got it working and have just finished adding 105 categories. So Now my forum is finished I was about to add a welcome post and hopefully get the forum off the ground but I have now noticed the BBcode bar is missing but I know its not a issue, its more that I cant remember how to add it. I have checked the configuration settings and user settings but can not seem to figure out what is stopping it from showing up.

Thanks in advance, Matt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic BBCode icons bar
Which Kunena version do you use? Maybe you mean this?  www.kunena.org/bugs/know-bugs

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #3 by 614cooker
Replied by 614cooker on topic BBCode icons bar
Im using 5.2.8 with  everything is working as it should just the editor bar is not showing. I have checked the template and the editor is enabled and apart from creating the categories kunena and changing the template to crypsisb4 nothing else has been changed yet.

So yes the editor is not loading but I dont have JCH installed and currently my template is in developers mode so optimisation is currently turned off. Maybe this might be a template issue after all.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by 614cooker. Reason: add info

More
2 years 3 months ago #4 by rich
Which error see you, if you open the Browser console? Maybe it's a conflict with a script. 

More
2 years 3 months ago #5 by 614cooker
dont know if this means anything but its the only error i can find in the browser console

Uncaught TypeError: $(...).tab is not a function
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (:43:35)
at u (:2:27579)
at [as resolveWith] (:2:28337)
at (:2:30124)
at HTMLDocument._ (:2:27307)

More
2 years 3 months ago #6 by rich
Yes, that's what I meant. However, I cannot interpret this error message. But you use the Helix template. Disable the page optimize of this template, then empty Joomla and Browser cache and check the editor.

More
2 years 3 months ago #7 by 614cooker
Yes I already cleared the cache, browser cache, turned off page cache and joomla cache, I can not find a optimisation setting for helix, But I have tried kunena with a different template and it works fine so it is a helix ultimate issue I have tried looking on the helix forums and can see they dont provide support when it comes to helix and kunena and basically pass the buck to kunena and joomla. As far as I can see it is the kunena template which is conflicting with helix or vise versa but its too technical for me, ive been designing website for years and my website is getting over 6 million hits per year so im not a newbie when it comes to joomla but im not as as upto date with coding as I once was, I just cant keep up with the ever changing ways to design websites and everything I have learned has been self learned.

Its just a shame really as I spent alot of time recently redesigning my website around the helix framework after changing from the Simplify your web 960 template which was working great with Kunena but like all things it is not being updated anymore so i had no choice but to change for joomla 4 which I have not upgraded too yet because some components I use have not been released yet for joomla 4. 

I have read in many forums though that the Blue Eagle 5 template from Kunena works with the helix framework but for some reason im not able to purchase it as when I add it to basket it never shows up in the basket so im wondering if kunena has stopped supporting , 2. forget the forum all together, 3. redesign my whole website with a template which works with kunena. Any suggestions if I had the choice to redesign any recommendations to a template which looks similar to the one on my website.

More
2 years 3 months ago #8 by rich
As far as I remember, wrong links were created by the page optimization and therefore some things cannot be called. But I also know that some users have solved the problem by disabling the optimization/compression. So there should be a setting for that, I think.
But which bootstrap version is your Helix template using? If it's already Bootstrap 5, then you're basically in trouble. We only have a Bootstrap 5 capable template for Joomla 4.0 with Kunena 6.0.

Blue Eagle is still available, but does also not run with Joomla Bootstrap 4 and 5 templates (at least not yet).

More
2 years 3 months ago #9 by 614cooker
Im guessing since I only recently changed to helix and ive just checked it will be bootstrap 5. So now I know the problem, I now dont think I have a option but to go back to my older template for the time being at least. I have found one template which says is compatible with helix but I cant seem to contact support about it, it is NTS KSliver from 9themestore but im guessing its the older helix ultimate v1. Maybe if I can get a hold of the older helix ultimate I could uninstall this version to the older one but again I can not seem to find it anywhere. 

if anyone finds it please let me know.

Thanks again for all your help. Just my luck it never came across to me it was too new a version that would explain everything. So my question now is can anyone recommend a template which is similar to helix but works with kunena.

More
2 years 3 months ago #10 by 614cooker
Before I change the whole layout and design on my website if helix is not compatible then maybe a work around is possible using a different template just for the Kunena forums. Im almost sure this is possible if I install another template and change the template in the links for the kunena menu. I just need recommendations for which templates work with kunena.

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds