Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Strange characters displayed in posts

More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by robdotinfo
My site/forum has been running Kunena for years.  This problem started a couple of days ago.

What I'm observing at the moment is that if I view a thread while I'm logged out, it displays correctly.  Example:

But the moment I log in, the page loses its styles and displays what looks like binary data:

It is clear that this does not happen to all users - some users can still view, post and reply on the forum; others are seeing this strange binary data.

My config is as follows:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 180 seconds | Max execution memory: 512M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : shaper_helix3 | author: | version: 2.5.8 | creationdate: Jan 2016

Kunena default template details : Crypsisb3 | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.2.6 | creationdate: 2021-07-25

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.6 | 2021-07-25 [ Melia ]
        | Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 4.0

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.2.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.2.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by rich
Looks like from a ftp file. You have in your setting protect attachments = yes. Some browsers have problems with protected ftps and can't decrypt them.
Here are two examples (it's the same post). The first image shows the post with Firefox and the second with Cromium.
I don't know any solution for this. You can only ask your users not to insert ftps in the post. If you add ftps only as attachment, it should work.

More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by robdotinfo

Looks like from a ftp file. You have in your setting protect attachments = yes. Some browsers have problems with protected ftps and can't decrypt them.
Here are two examples (it's the same post). The first image shows the post with Firefox and the second with Cromium.
I don't know any solution for this. You can only ask your users not to insert ftps in the post. If you add ftps only as attachment, it should work.

Thanks Rich, but I don't think that's the problem.

I've tested with Safari, Chrome and Firefox.  In all of them, it's the same issue:
  • Before I log in, the post displays perfectly.
  • After I log in, the post displays incorrectly.
Seems to be related to my login status.

More
2 years 6 months ago #4 by rich

It's only an idea, but is it possible, you have a member related extension, where running a script?
Navigate to this message with the broken image and open the Browser console (tab network) and refresh the page.
Count the scripts which running and then login. Compare whether the same number of scripts running.

More
2 years 6 months ago #5 by robdotinfo

It's only an idea, but is it possible, you have a member related extension, where running a script?
Navigate to this message with the broken image and open the Browser console (tab network) and refresh the page.
Count the scripts which running and then login. Compare whether the same number of scripts running.

Hi Rich - thanks for the idea, but I think didn't make myself clear...

This happens on ALL threads and has nothing to do with images - it happens on threads WITH images and threads WITHOUT images.

If I view a thread while logged out, all ok, if I view when logged in, chaos.

I can't see any difference between the number of scripts running logged in or not - but I see hundreds of requests under the network tab, is there any way of filtering to the scripts only?

I used Chrome, Dev Tools, Network tab.

More
2 years 6 months ago #6 by Leen
Hi,
does the website sometimes use a security extension or plug-in
such as admintools or adminexille ,securitycheckpro?.
or an optimize extensions ?

L.v.d.A

More
2 years 6 months ago #7 by Leen
and see if all your plugins and extensions are still up to date especially K2 .
I think I see when I click on info on your website it pops out and there is this message
Code:
"Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/surfski/webapps/app-surfski/public/plugins/system/k2/k2. php online 702"
with the same strange characters .
and have a look here read

L.v.d.A

Time to create page: 0.456 seconds