Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Quick reply not working in latest release

More
2 years 7 months ago #1 by achartier
I just upgraded my Kunena from 5.0.6.1 to 5.2.6. The QuickReply button markup has changed and there is no data-related tag on this button any more. As a result, when the button is clicked and the onClick function in edit.js gets called (around line 170 of edit.js), the name var ends up as undefined and the function does not complete and the edit form is not displayed.

Any thoughts on why the change and how to get this fixed? I temporarily added the data-related tag back into the file  components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/layouts/message/item/actions/default.php
and it is now working.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #2 by rich
I'm sorry, but I don't know, what exact is your problem. On my test pages, quick reply works as it should, so I can't reproduce an error. 
You can reproduce this issue here at kunena.org too?

More
2 years 7 months ago #3 by achartier
Here on this forum the quickreply form is open as soon as I open the topic. On my system I have a quick reply button and that is where I am seeing the issue. I notice that the markup for the button has a data-toggle="modal" even though I have selected the default quick reply option in the template configuration.

More
2 years 7 months ago #4 by rich

Here on this forum the quickreply form is open as soon as I open the topic

Sorry, I hadn't thought of that.

As a result, when the button is clicked and the onClick function in edit.js gets called (around line 170 of edit.js),

The edit.js has nothing to do with Quick Reply. Quick Reply also works, if you block this file.

I notice that the markup for the button has a data-toggle="modal" even though I have selected the default quick reply option in the template configuration.

That is correct, this code is also present in Quick Reply default.

I'm sorry, but I still don't know what your problem is. Please keep the console closed and explain to me what happens when you click on Quick Reply.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds