Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question CKEditor and bugs

More
2 years 9 months ago #1 by Batica
CKEditor and bugs was created by Batica
Hey guys,
Using Joomla with Kunena for many years in our community. But last 3 months, every moderator wants to leave his job because you switched editor to CKEditor and many, many, many bugs started pooping up. I see that bugs are already on GitHub but nobody is fixing them. If you can't wanna fix them, we would like to know how can we get old editor back since with it everything worked fine.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 9themestore, realstrannik, Dulix, giorgione

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #2 by giorgione
Replied by giorgione on topic CKEditor and bugs
Hi batica,
I agree woth you
Actually the CKEDITOR has many bugs especially within the attachments, the copy and paste function and the quotations. We also lost the preview.

Is anyone working on that?
Thanks
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by giorgione.

More
2 years 9 months ago #3 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic CKEditor and bugs
Hello,

We going to reintroduce the editors available from K5.1.x into next release Kunena 5.2.6, Ckeditor is a WYSIWYG editor but some Kunena bbcodes aren't rendered whne you edit the message

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: purezen

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #4 by btc
Replied by btc on topic CKEditor and bugs

Hello,

We going to reintroduce the editors available from K5.1.x into next release Kunena 5.2.6, Ckeditor is a WYSIWYG editor but some Kunena bbcodes aren't rendered whne you edit the message

That will be very good news for a lot of people. As CKeditor has proved so problematical, perhaps there's another WYSIWYG editor that you could integrate? But in the meantime, I look forward to K5.2.6.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by btc.

More
2 years 8 months ago #5 by ruud
Replied by ruud on topic CKEditor and bugs
IMO Kunena should consider moving away from bbcode and go for HTML or at least give that option?

sharing = caring

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds