Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Issues sending emails from Kunena - Error 550 in mail notification

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #1 by rudebhoy951
Hi all,

I have been trying to get to the bottom of this for some time. I can't find this issue on Kunena already so putting it out here to see if anybody has an answer for me.

On my website, moderators typically get an email when a new post goes up. Since ~ January the emails stopped sending from Kunena. It's only on Kunena. Joomla contact form sends normally. I get a mail undelivered notification email, so it is trying to send. The error message in the email is 550 Messages should have one or no To headers, not 2. (in reply to end of DATA command)

I have contacted host, they say nothing has changed and nothing from their end is causing the issue. I have tried updating Kunena, didn't fix. Updated Joomla too, no fix.

Joomla 3.9.25 and Kunena 5.2.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

By googling i found an issue with Phpmailer : github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/issues/2128 which has been fixed then, but Joomla! 3.9.x uses Phpmailer 5.2.28 it seems this fix is only in 6 and above versions

I need to look in Kunena if the mails send to moderators are set with only BBC field filled

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.714 seconds