- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.
Question Errors After Update
Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getname(). Please enable debug mode for more information.
Does anyone know what this is about?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Our site is back to almost 97% today after the guy we hired devoted himself to the work today. That still leaves 3% but at least everything's functional again.
Joomla has a steep learning curve we're getting used to as our old site was static and relatively easy to manage. But Joomla's got a lot more to it and so far Kunena has served us well with it. That error was resolved but I'd still like to know what happened if anyone has the time because I know others in the future will have this issue (as evidenced by a Google search) and could find your answer useful... heck, we might still find it useful if it hits us again as we can't keep hiring someone to fix it as our site is not for profit.
Thanks again for your response.
Are you using a third party template? Maybe this template was not yet adjusted?
KunenaUser::getname(). Please enable debug mode for more information.
In Kunena 5.2.3 the method KunenaUser::getname() doesn't exist anymore.
So, would you be saying maybe that the template is older and the code needs adjusted to be compatible with the latest version of Kunena?
xillibit, thanks for the heads up as it's always best to be backwards compatible. Would help if they would make the backend a bit less complicated as I can usually handle the basics there myself. But it seems like there's 30 links that take you to where you want to go and I'm always choosing the wrong one to get me there fastest lol. I hate to bother our programmer for things I should be able to do. But, as he says, it is what it is so I'll try to figure out the easiest way to go about that.
Thanks for the information
- Not Allowed: to create new topic.
- Not Allowed: to reply.
- Not Allowed: to edit your message.