Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Errors After Update

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Armorbeast
We've got some major errors after updating Kunena recently. This one is the major one that's got us down as you can't see what's been posted.

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getname(). Please enable debug mode for more information.

Does anyone know what this is about?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Armorbeast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Errors After Update
Have you updated also your extensions?

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #3 by Armorbeast
Replied by Armorbeast on topic Errors After Update
Thanks Rich. Yeah, we did all the updates to the extensions. We've learned a few lessons through this. First is do backups before you do updates. That's a no brainer but it's something even experienced pro's make mistakes concerning. We might set up a sandbox to test with but I'm not so sure our programmer wants to go that route.

Our site is back to almost 97% today after the guy we hired devoted himself to the work today. That still leaves 3% but at least everything's functional again.

Joomla has a steep learning curve we're getting used to as our old site was static and relatively easy to manage. But Joomla's got a lot more to it and so far Kunena has served us well with it. That error was resolved but I'd still like to know what happened if anyone has the time because I know others in the future will have this issue (as evidenced by a Google search) and could find your answer useful... heck, we might still find it useful if it hits us again as we can't keep hiring someone to fix it as our site is not for profit.

Thanks again for your response.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #4 by rich

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Call to undefined method KunenaUser::getname(). Please enable debug mode for more information.

Are you using a third party template? Maybe this template was not yet adjusted?
In Kunena 5.2.3 the method KunenaUser::getname() doesn't exist anymore.
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by rich.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Armorbeast
That is a possibility as I believe we were using a third party template. We have an art site so the we wanted something that more fit the theme.

So, would you be saying maybe that the template is older and the code needs adjusted to be compatible with the latest version of Kunena?

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #6 by rich
I'm not a developer but I think the code has been replaced by KunenaFactory::getProfile()->getProfileName($user)

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #7 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Errors After Update
Hello,

If you don't want to modify your third party template, just wait the 5.2.4 release which get back the getName() method in KunenaUser for backward compatibility

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #8 by Armorbeast
It doesn't matter if you're a developed Rich as long as your info is good. We've made note of it.
xillibit, thanks for the heads up as it's always best to be backwards compatible. Would help if they would make the backend a bit less complicated as I can usually handle the basics there myself. But it seems like there's 30 links that take you to where you want to go and I'm always choosing the wrong one to get me there fastest lol. I hate to bother our programmer for things I should be able to do. But, as he says, it is what it is so I'll try to figure out the easiest way to go about that.

Thanks for the information :)

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #9 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Errors After Update
Hello,

Update to Kunena 5.2.4, the issues should be fixed in this release

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #10 by Armorbeast
Thanks. Passed this along to our programmer as should something go wrong, I wouldn't have a clue lol. Will let you know how it goes.

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds