Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [BUG] Editing some old topics is showing topics as empty

More
3 years 1 month ago #1 by Kotsolis
When I edit some old topics (mostly those older than 1 year) I see that the topics are empty!
The bug happens when I edit the first post of the topic.

Look at the video.

And one of my moderators also saw that if he clicks "Submit" then the topic is automatically deleted!
I don't want to replicate this of course because I am afraid that anything can happen.

Fix it asap please in the next release. We have lots of problems with this one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I have tried it, but i'am not able to reproduce it. Can-you look int hte table #__kunena_messages_text and give the content of column "message" for the post which you have edited in your video ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 1 month ago #3 by rich
This error occur if you have in the message text a wrong or incomplete bbcode tag. Currently, it's only possible, to edit such messages in the database.
See also here

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #4 by Kotsolis
Ok ,when is this bug going to be fixed?
I have thousands of messages in my Forum. My moderators have trouble working and many old topics need rename in their title because the video game names have changed!

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #5 by rich

Ok ,when is this bug going to be fixed?

I'm sorry, I don't know it. But if only the title must be renamed, it is better if the moderators use the Moderate Topic option. This changes the title for the entire topic.

Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by rich.

More
3 years 1 week ago #6 by Kotsolis
It is not only the title!
It is changing very important information that are written in a first topic. Like the name of a game inside the forum post (which changes), links to the game, other screenshots, a video review etc. etc.

Please put this in a high priority! Editing an old topic is some of the most important things in any Forum!

More
3 years 1 week ago #7 by xillibit

Hello,

I have tried it, but i'am not able to reproduce it. Can-you look int hte table #__kunena_messages_text and give the content of column "message" for the post which you have edited in your video ?

Hello,

Please answer to my request above, you can replace confidential things by random strings

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds