Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Message body editor missing

More
3 years 1 month ago #1 by ronlevine
Good morning everyone,

I have installed Kunena with both Blue Eagle5 and the "remove powered by" plugin and template.

I am using JCE Pro for my default editor on the site. I have tried switching to one of the default joomla editors with no change in the issue.

When I go to try to post on the forums, I get the area where I can put the title of the post in, but the editor area where I would put the body of the post in simply doesn't show. Is this a setting somewhere that I don't know about? I am a Superadmin on my site so permissions should not be an issue.

With regards,
Ron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Message body editor missing

I am using JCE Pro for my default editor on the site. I have tried switching to one of the default joomla editors with no change in the issue.

I'm sorry, but you can't use Joomla editors with Kunena. Kunena uses BBCodes (CKEditor) not HTML editors.
When this editor isn't available, you must exclude the ckeditor.js from your page optimization.
Path: /media/kunena/core/js/ckeditor.js
www.kunena.org/bugs/know-bugs

More
3 years 1 month ago #3 by ronlevine
Is the BBCodes editor loaded by default?

I just have the JCE editor set as the default for joomla. I assumed, probably incorrectly, that it would just populate across to Kunena. 

More
3 years 1 month ago #4 by rich

Is the BBCodes editor loaded by default?

Yes, also if you select another editor, it has no effect and it loads the CKEditor.

More
3 years 1 month ago #5 by ronlevine
Ok, it appears that the forums are not actually loading the editor. Any ideas on why that might be?

Thank you for your help. 

More
3 years 1 month ago #6 by rich

When this editor isn't available, you must exclude the ckeditor.js from your page optimization.
Path: /media/kunena/core/js/ckeditor.js
www.kunena.org/bugs/know-bugs

As I wrote earlier, this happens when a page optimization is active.

More
3 years 1 month ago #7 by ronlevine
Oh ok. I misunderstood you. Thanks. :)

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds