Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question attachment->getFilename() returns the "protected name"

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1 by robertvdh
I have enabled the option to protect the filenames in the configuration.
Now attachment->getFilename() returns the protected name and no longer the "real name". As a result the downloads all get a cryptic filename.
For now I have changed attachment.php in the libraries/kunena/attachment folder to return the real name.
I am using Kunena 5.2.1 with Blue Eagle 5 version 1.5.3.
Am I the only one that sees this ?

Robert

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by robertvdh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Protected means protects everything, so it's normal that the filename is converted is something with random values...

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 3 months ago #3 by robertvdh
Hello xillibit,
This must have changed recently.
I have always used this option.
The files on the webserver have a protected name. But in messages on the forum the original name was shown, and as a result you could also embed images in the message etc. Now embedding images is no longer possible because the protected names have no extension.
If it is needed then I can disable the "protected" setting. But will that show the original name for files that were uploaded when the protection was enabled ?

Robert

More
3 years 3 months ago #4 by rich
I've tested it. Embedding is not the problem, it works also without file extension. But now you can see an extract of the protected file name.

More
3 years 3 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

I have just the change which has broken that, so the fix is here in developpement version of Kunena 5.2.2 : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/commit/7b...818c6d2d0f4ed119ee3a

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 3 months ago #6 by robertvdh

Time to create page: 0.580 seconds