Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Various issues with K5.2 and K5.2.1

More
3 years 3 months ago #1 by btc
Configuration report is at the end - this is a development version of the website.

I've tried by 5.2.0 and 5.2.1 but there are three problems:
  1. Can't hide any of the buttons using Blue Eagle or Crypsis - and they take up an inordinate amount of space on a mobile screen (360px). I thought hiding the buttons was one of the 5.2.1 changes.
  2. The quote function is unusable - it just needs the cursor to be automatically placed under and outside the blockquote element and it will be a great improvement on how quote works on 5.1.
  3. The video button doesn't seem to work - I enter a YouTube url, but nothing is displayed. (just entering a youtube url without the button does work)
Until 1 and 2 are fixed I would prefer to stick with 5.1. But if and when they are, 5.2 will be an improvement.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: ✔ The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50 seconds | Max execution memory: 2147483648 | Max file upload: 256M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : business_pro | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: August 2013

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle5 | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2020-12-16

Kunena template params:

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.2.1 | 2020-12-27 [ Hebe ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.4.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 5.1.2 | Content - Kunena Discuss 5.1.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.1.2 | Kunena Search 5.1.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #2 by ruud
I can confirm issue 1 and 2: unworkable on mobile.
This is also holding me back from upgrading.
Also wondering what version of CKEditor is used because when I look at the CKEditor website for version 5, on the demo pages it is perfect on mobile but looks very diffrent from the version that is implemented in Kunena 5.2.1

sharing = caring
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by ruud.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #3 by xillibit
We are using CKeditor in version 4.x to have the bbcode plugin (which needs to be improved by the way :( and doesn't exist in version 5.x of CKeditor)... There are different skins available for CKeditor 4 : ckeditor.com/cke4/addons/skins/all?sort_...ort_order=ASC&page=0

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 3 months ago #4 by ruud
Thanks @Xillibit!
Sorry for hijacking your topic @btc :)
On mobile the buttons area is not only to large, but there are also buttons that you would probably never use on a mobile device.
As all buttons (and template) are 'compiled' into the ckeditor.js there is no way to have a different set of buttons for desktop and mobile other then use two ckeditor.js files.
But you can remove buttons dynamically with JavaScript (untested). So it would be possible to have a JavaScript running that detect the view width and based on that removes a bunch of buttons
Code:
CKEDITOR.config.removePlugins = 'Save,Print,Preview,Find,About,Maximize,ShowBlocks';

sharing = caring

More
3 years 3 months ago #5 by xillibit
You can use a different skin without touching the ckeditor.js by adding this line in the file ckeditor_config.js and you should copy your skin into /media/kunena/core/js/skins :
Code:
config.skin = 'moono-lisa';

More
3 years 3 months ago #6 by ruud
Thanks @Xillibit, better now :)

sharing = caring

More
3 years 3 months ago #7 by xillibit
@btc :
  1. This is fixed in the developpement version of Kunena 5.2.2 : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/7774
  2. I need to look at it
  3. Just tried quickly, i'am able to reproduce the problem need to look closer

More
3 years 3 months ago #8 by Btc001
Thanks @Xillibit @ruud.

Will the button removal code be updated on Blue Eagle 5 too? I can't use Crypsis because I have a non-Bootstrap template - must get round to replacing it one day.

My forum only needs minimal editing options, so, with help from CKeditor documentation I've edited ckeditor_config.js to show only a few buttons. Obviously, I'll have to make the changes every time Kunena is updated, but that's not really a problem for me.

Thanks @Xillibit @ruud.

Will the button removal code be updated on Blue Eagle 5 too? I can't use Crypsis because I have a non-Bootstrap template - must get round to replacing it one day.

My forum only needs minimal editing options, so, with help from CKeditor documentation I've edited ckeditor_config.js to show only a few buttons. Obviously, I'll have to make the changes every time Kunena is updated, but that's not really a problem for me.

Thanks @Xillibit @ruud.

Thanks @Xillibit @ruud.

Only remaining problem is with the quote function, but it looks as if that can't be fixed by Kunena alone. Might just have to live with it, as not many people use it anyway.

More
3 years 3 months ago #9 by rich

Yes, these template setting options will to be included in the next Blue Eagle too.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds