Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Emoticon issue after update

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #1 by Ratman
I updated Kunena from 5.2.3 -> 5.2.6 and the Blue Eagle template from 1.6.2 -> 1.6.6. Now I witness a strange issue with my emoticons. I open the emoticon palette window, click on a particular emoticon and the correct emoticon is inserted into my text. But after saving the post a completely different smilie shows up. After investigating and testing a little bit the issue is this: After klicking on a particular emoticon in the palette window the right emoticon shows up in the WYSIWYG editor, but switching into the BBCode view I can see that the wrong code was entered.

This issue occurs with some emoticons, but not with all. Two examples:

In the palette I click on the "Cry" emoticon and after that I click on the "Wink" smilie. The two emoticons show up correctly

But if I switch to the BBcode view I can see that the wrong codes have been inserted

I checked the backend to see that the right codes are listed

What is going wrong here?

BTW: If I enter the right codes manually, the right emoticons are being displayed after saving the post. But in the WYSIWYG editor only the code is displayed, not the corresponding emoticon
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Ratman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2 by Ratman
Replied by Ratman on topic Emoticon issue after update
This thread can be closed. Issue was obviously a result of a change that I made to the "ckeditor_config.js". I switched back to the original ckeditor_config.js and the emoticon issue was gone. Now I will try to find out which change exactly caused the issue. Sorry for bothering you and thanks again for this great component!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds