Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Problem with notification e-mails

More
3 years 1 month ago #1 by Daviciacus
Hello,

Ever since I recently updated to the latest version of Kunena, there is an issue with the notification e-mails. The "Posted by" line gives this every time:
Code:
Posted by : {KunenaFactory::getProfile()->getProfileName(KunenaUser, '???', false)}

This worked fine before the update. I had already done "Synchronize users" after the update too.

Please let me know how to fix this.
On the forum pages on the site itself everything seems to work fine, after working around other issues (the forum menu display) which I reported here days ago but were never responded to.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2 by Daviciacus
A small update: the issue appears in the non-html version of the notification emails (of new posts/topics). When I switch to the html version of the notification email, the name of the one who made the post is shown correctly.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

In the file /components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/email/subscription/default.php line 245 add :
Code:
$profilename = KunenaFactory::getProfile()->getProfileName($author, '???', false);

always in the same file at line 265 now replace this :
Code:
{$this->text('COM_KUNENA_VIEW_POSTED')} : {KunenaFactory::getProfile()->getProfileName($author, '???', false)}

by :
Code:
{$this->text('COM_KUNENA_VIEW_POSTED')} : {$profilename}

You can do too the same changes in the file : /components/com_kunena/template/crypsis/layouts/email/subscription/moderator.php

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 1 month ago #4 by Daviciacus
modificationThanks for the fast response.

Will this code modification be implemented in the next version/update of Kunena?

More
3 years 1 month ago #5 by xillibit
Because of this issue : github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/7947 , i have already changed it in the developpement version of Kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 1 month ago #6 by Daviciacus
Thanks! Then I will just wait until the next update, since at least it works fine on the html email version.

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds