- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
Kunena 7.0.9 & Kunena 6.4.14 – Security Updates Released
The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 7.0.9 [K 7.0.9] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 5.4.x/6.0.x./6.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 / K 6.3 / K 6.4 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 7.0
Solved Awesome Font change to blinking question-excalamtive mark
- fabio42170
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
5 years 6 months ago #216301
by fabio42170
Hello !
Not sure whether I am in the right category to post. Anyway, here's the problem I am facing.
I am on the latest joomla version, my template is Gantry Helium (latest version too) and I have the latest Kunena forum version (5.2.3). My template makes use of the Awesome Font library. I recently updated Gantry and Kunena about the same time.
Some menu item icons have been since replaced by blinking icons (question mark then exclamative mark). And this only happens when I am on the Kunena page.
Here 's the link to the issue : www.4u2learn.fr/joomla/forumkunena
I contacted Joomla support and got a suggestion that Gantry might be responsible but they also noticed that the issue only appears on the Kunena Forum link.
That's why I'm turning to you. If someone could have a look and keep me updated on this, that would be great because I really have no clue about what causes the issue.
Thanks in advance !
Fabio
Not sure whether I am in the right category to post. Anyway, here's the problem I am facing.
I am on the latest joomla version, my template is Gantry Helium (latest version too) and I have the latest Kunena forum version (5.2.3). My template makes use of the Awesome Font library. I recently updated Gantry and Kunena about the same time.
Some menu item icons have been since replaced by blinking icons (question mark then exclamative mark). And this only happens when I am on the Kunena page.
Here 's the link to the issue : www.4u2learn.fr/joomla/forumkunena
I contacted Joomla support and got a suggestion that Gantry might be responsible but they also noticed that the issue only appears on the Kunena Forum link.
That's why I'm turning to you. If someone could have a look and keep me updated on this, that would be great because I really have no clue about what causes the issue.
Thanks in advance !
Fabio
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 6 months ago #216336
by xillibit
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Replied by xillibit on topic Awesome Font change to blinking question-excalamtive mark
Hello,
I have looked at your site, the menu item "Contact me" has a blinking fontwaesome icon. It seems that the code for this icon is incorrect, in your source code i can see that :
If you look on fontawesome site the code for this icon is different
I have looked at your site, the menu item "Contact me" has a blinking fontwaesome icon. It seems that the code for this icon is incorrect, in your source code i can see that :
Code:
fa fa-envelope-o
If you look on fontawesome site the code for this icon is different
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fabio42170
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #216342
by fabio42170
Replied by fabio42170 on topic Awesome Font change to blinking question-excalamtive mark
Yes, thanks, that's exactly what I noticed but why does it only happen on the KunenaForum menu link ?
I have Gantry Helium installed (as a theme) and updated. Gantry lets you choose your own icons in their parameters thanks to an icon picker. There's no way to use custom code in their parameters, so to replace with a "fas fa-envelope-open" icon.
Any idea ?
I have Gantry Helium installed (as a theme) and updated. Gantry lets you choose your own icons in their parameters thanks to an icon picker. There's no way to use custom code in their parameters, so to replace with a "fas fa-envelope-open" icon.
Any idea ?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by fabio42170.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 6 months ago #216343
by xillibit
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Replied by xillibit on topic Awesome Font change to blinking question-excalamtive mark
The code fa-envelope-open-o is coming from fontawesome 4.x
In Kunena 5.2.x the compatibility layer with fontawesome has been removed, maybe i need to add it with a setting to be loaded only for users which needed it
In Kunena 5.2.x the compatibility layer with fontawesome has been removed, maybe i need to add it with a setting to be loaded only for users which needed it
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #216345
by xillibit
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Replied by xillibit on topic Awesome Font change to blinking question-excalamtive mark
In file /libraries/kunena/template/template.php you can that code to line 1974 to add the compatibility layer with fontawesome, so change that :
to that :
Code:
if ($fontawesome){
$this->addScript('https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.15.2/js/all.js', array(), array('defer' => true));
}
to that :
Code:
if ($fontawesome){
$this->addScript('https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.15.2/js/all.js', array(), array('defer' => true));
$this->addScript('https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.15.2/js/v4-shims.js', array(), array('defer' => true));
}
I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by xillibit.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fabio42170
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #216356
by fabio42170
Replied by fabio42170 on topic Awesome Font change to blinking question-excalamtive mark
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by fabio42170.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds