Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Awesome Font change to blinking question-excalamtive mark

More
3 years 1 month ago #1 by fabio42170
Hello !
Not sure whether I am in the right category to post. Anyway, here's the problem I am facing.
I am on the latest joomla version, my template is Gantry Helium (latest version too) and I have the latest Kunena forum version (5.2.3). My template makes use of the Awesome Font library. I recently updated Gantry and Kunena about the same time.
Some menu item icons have been since replaced by blinking icons (question mark then exclamative mark). And this only happens when I am on the Kunena page.
Here 's the link to the issue : www.4u2learn.fr/joomla/forumkunena
I contacted Joomla support and got a suggestion that Gantry might be responsible but they also noticed that the issue only appears on the Kunena Forum link.
That's why I'm turning to you. If someone could have a look and keep me updated on this, that would be great because I really have no clue about what causes the issue.
Thanks in advance !
Fabio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I have looked at your site, the menu item "Contact me" has a blinking fontwaesome icon. It seems that the code for this icon is incorrect, in your source code i can see that :
Code:
fa fa-envelope-o

If you look on fontawesome site the code for this icon is different

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #3 by fabio42170
Yes, thanks, that's exactly what I noticed but why does it only happen on the KunenaForum menu link ?
I have Gantry Helium installed (as a theme) and updated. Gantry lets you choose your own icons in their parameters thanks to an icon picker. There's no way to use custom code in their parameters, so to replace with a "fas fa-envelope-open" icon.

[img

Any idea ?
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by fabio42170.

More
3 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
The code fa-envelope-open-o is coming from fontawesome 4.x

In Kunena 5.2.x the compatibility layer with fontawesome has been removed, maybe i need to add it with a setting to be loaded only for users which needed it

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #5 by xillibit
In file /libraries/kunena/template/template.php you can that code to line 1974 to add the compatibility layer with fontawesome, so change that :
Code:
if ($fontawesome){ $this->addScript('https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.15.2/js/all.js', array(), array('defer' => true)); }

to that :
Code:
if ($fontawesome){ $this->addScript('https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.15.2/js/all.js', array(), array('defer' => true)); $this->addScript('https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.15.2/js/v4-shims.js', array(), array('defer' => true)); }

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by xillibit.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #6 by fabio42170
Hi !
No need to insert code. I found a better way to disable the Awesomefont icon library. In the crypsis template parameters, there is a way to turn off this library :
[img

Thanks anyway. Now, why does it conflict with Gantry ? I don't really know, but the issue is solved !
Thanks again !
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by fabio42170.

More
3 years 1 month ago #7 by xillibit
Gantry use fontawesome in version 4 so it's the reason

More
3 years 1 month ago #8 by fabio42170

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds