Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Unknown column 'canSubscribe' in 'field list'

More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by Wh1teLeopard
Greetings!

I recently had to do a fresh install, copied my users across, broke something (I'm guessing there's an extra/missing column in the php table) :whistle:

Your help would be much appreciated as that's about the extent of my knowledge :)

Error

Unknown column 'canSubscribe' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `#__kunena_users` SET `view`='0',`signature`='',`moderator`='1',`ordering`='0',`posts`='4635',`avatar`='users/avatar1.png',`karma`='0',`karma_time`='0',`group_id`='1',`uhits`='668',`personalText`='圭永遠に',`gender`='2',`birthdate`='1985-5-4',`location`='Tamworth',`websitename`='Kei Kars in the Park',`websiteurl`='www.KKITP.com',`rank`='7',`hideEmail`='0',`showOnline`='1',`icq`='',`aim`='',`yim`='',`msn`='',`skype`='',`twitter`='',`facebook`='',`gtalk`='',`myspace`='',`linkedin`='',`delicious`='',`friendfeed`='',`digg`='',`blogspot`='',`flickr`='',`bebo`='',`thankyou`='68',`canSubscribe`='-1',`userListtime`='-2' WHERE `userid`='1'

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 4/30/2012

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.10 | creationdate: 2016-02-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.10 | 2016-02-18 [ Villavicencio ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Like you, I am trying to assist a friend of mine who has a Kunena forum that has the same problem. I don't know the answer and I would be very interested to learn from your experience.

One suggestion: have you tried re-installing Kunena on your website and does it cure the problem? (Make a backup before you re-install K 4.0.10 just in case something else breaks.)

In the case of my friend's forum, we see the error message whenever someone tries to edit/save their user profile. Is that what happens in your case, too?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3 by Wh1teLeopard
Greetings Sozzled,

It is indeed. Whenever I try and save my profile, I get that error. I did try uninstalling Kunena and re-installing it but sadly the error persisted. Everything else seems fine, posts seem to be going up OK, haven't tested registration yet but that would be a Joomla issue I guess.

More
7 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Hmm, I wouldn't have suggested uninstalling (before re-installing)—just run the installer again—but it shouldn't make any difference. Uninstalling Kunena simply removes the files (but leaves the database intact); there is, however, an option to uninstall that also deletes the database tables.

Theoretically, the installer tries to upgrade the Kunena database tables when you're going from an older version to a newer version. One way to trick the installer into thinking that you've got a different version installed, is to drop the table _kunena_configuration (the table should be re-created when you run the installer again). Whether that would help, I don't know.

Although I'm trying to help my friend, I'm kind of doing it by "remote control" (we're exchanging emails and he's a worse at replying to emails than I am :lol: ).

I don't know what would happen if you tried to register a new account and would the problem you mentioned still occur. My guess is that there's an issue within the _kunena_users table itself.

More
7 years 10 months ago #5 by Wh1teLeopard
Agreed, I'm guessing from the error it's either looking for a column that isn't there OR it's finding columns that shouldn't be there

More
7 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
I think I may have something that will help resolve this. I think you're right that there's "something missing" in your _kunena_users table.

I compared the table structure between K 3.0 and K 4.0 and I've summarised the differences in a document that I'm attaching.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

As you will see, the _kunena_users table in K 4.0 has four additional columns/fields compared to K 3.0. The problem, therefore, is how to add these four additional columns and populate them with meaningful data. I guess one way to achieve that is to write some SQL statements to add the extra columns (make sure you define the data-types correctly) and hope for the best.

I haven't been able to try this with my friend's site—I don't have access to his SQL database—but I would be fascinated to see how you go in fixing the problem.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wh1teLeopard

More
7 years 10 months ago #7 by Wh1teLeopard
That fixed it!

\o/

Thank you

I added in the missing columns into the table structure and was able to update my profile with a 'success' message!

Thank you for taking the time to find the missing columns.
:cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
7 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
That's fantastic news. You don't happen to live in Australia, do you? ;) (You and I could have a couple of beers to celebrate)

In my own situation, all I have to do now is to pass on this information to my friend and hope that he acts accordingly.

More
7 years 10 months ago #9 by Wh1teLeopard
haha sadly no, I'm afraid I'm a pom through and through

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds