Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Permission for making forum visible

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #1 by Alpine
I just migrated SMF to Kunena. I think everything were pretty fine until I noticed that registered users cannot view topics. They just see titles but cannot read anything.

Then I tried to set permissions that everybody can read every threads but only registed users can write. Now I have a setup that even super user cannot read any threads. Registered users can write a new topic but cannont see even own topic.

I think there's something wrong in my category permission settings but I cannot solve this myself.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 100M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Uber | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 2.1.3 | creationdate: 08 April 2016

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.10 | creationdate: 2016-02-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.10 | 2016-02-18 [ Villavicencio ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Alpine. Reason: Report Configuration updated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2 by Alpine
I just noticed that problem is dealing with multilanguage website. In English menu formun works well. But when I switch to Finnish site I can't access to any topic. How to solve this issue?

English forum
Finnish forum
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Alpine. Reason: Links edited

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by rich
If you have a multilingual website, it is especially important that you not use wrong menu items. Links of other menus, which are linked to the forum, must be Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias ( see the image ).
See also www.kunena.org/docs/en/faq/kunena-menu
Unfortunately, I can't see the Finnish kunena menu in the configuration report. But when I call the address without menu item "index", it lacks the kunena menu.
testi.rytkoset.net/keskustelufoorumi/
This error occurs if you use wrong menu items.

In your English menu is also a wrong menu item.
Code:
208 Forum english view=home&defaultmenu=203 forum

In addition, you need shortcuts between all Kunena English and Finnish menu items.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpine

More
7 years 11 months ago #4 by Alpine
Thanks for the tips. I tried couple of the things but it get more worse.

Now I'm back in the situation where English works but Finnish don't. I updated also report configutation and added couple of the screenshots.

Attachments:

More
7 years 11 months ago #5 by Alpine
Wow! It seems that I managed to get it working now.

There were something mystic in my template settings. JoomlArt Uber template should provide a dedicated style to Kunena but it was lack something.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds