Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Subscription not working !?

More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by rbuelund
Hi

I am using Kunena 4.0.7 and I am Super User. I have subscribed to all categories and all subjects - but I do NOT get any mail upon new subjects/posts ?? What is wrong ? I can see on my profile that I AM subscribed..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Subscription not working !?
There may be several reasons why you do not receiv email notifications.

One common reason is that email notifications for subscriptions are not sent to the account that posted a new topic or reply in a subscribed category or topic. A simple way to test if email subscriptions are working requires two accounts. One account has to subscribe to the topic. The second account posts a reply to the topic and then check if the first account receives the email. If you are subscribed to a topic and you post a reply in that topic, you (the author of that reply) will not receive an email notification of the reply. That's normal.

Another reason you may appear to not receive emails could lie in your email client or your mail postbox. It might be possible that your email client rejects mail from your domain, places the mail in the junk mail folder, or your mailbox might be full.

Yet another reason might be that the email account configured for your site is blocked from sending mail or improperly setup in the Joomla or Kunena configuration settings.

As you can see, there could be several causes. I do not know what is the cause in your specific case because I do not know anything about your website.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by rbuelund
The two last reasons are not the case - the email function of the site works and I have no spam filter on my mail account.
As to the first reason: I have created all the categories in backend. I have subscribed to all the categories in frontend - I do NOT get a mail when another user creates a topic in one of the categories - shouldnøt I get that ??

More
8 years 3 months ago #4 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Subscription not working !?
could you add the kunena report.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #5 by rbuelund
Here you are:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : jemalubi | author: xxxxx xxxxxx | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 6/30/2015

Kunena default template details : NTS KMaterial | author: Nice Theme Store | version: 2.0.6 | creationdate: 2015-09-28

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.7 | 2015-11-16 [ Albareto ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 2.0.12

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef 4.7.1.3144

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rbuelund.

More
8 years 3 months ago #6 by rbuelund
anything new on this ???

More
8 years 3 months ago #7 by 810

More
8 years 3 months ago #8 by rbuelund
But this problem has nothing to do with the default setting - I AM subscripted to severel topics and I do not get any notifications from any of them upon new posts??? Why ??

More
8 years 3 months ago #9 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Subscription not working !?
because your profile setting the option is off. And you have enabled cb profile, cb doesn't have the kunena profile settings.

So you need to do the sql update

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #10 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Subscription not working !?
Sorry, I had overlooked this in your configuration report. You have disabled "Send Emails to Users" (Configuration -> General -> Send E-mails to Users). Set the option to Yes and it should work.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.649 seconds