Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Kunena_Latest Module and Login Form display garbled characters after updating to 4.0.5

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1 by zt
My site default language is Chinese_Simplified.

After recent updating Joomla to 3.4.4 and Kunena to 4.0.5 my Joomla site frontend login form start to display garbage characters like "�??" and �? while some characters still can display correctly.

The Kunena Latest Module notification also shows some gargled characters "�?".

However, inside the Kunena Forum itself, there is no such a problem and the posts all display properly.

When I switch the Joomla site's default language to English, the English words of the Login Form and Kunena can display properly. However if I switch the site's default language to Chinese_Simplified or Chinese_Traditional, both cases the garbled characters come back.

I have tried to update my Joomla Language Pack, as well as the Kunena Language Pack for both Chinese_Simplified and Chinese_Traditional to the latest versions, the problem persists.

Will appreciate if I can get some help on the above problem. Thank you very much.

I checked the forum, and think this post has some similarity to my problem: www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-4-0-support-...-latest-module-issue

Below is my Kunena Configuration Report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 90M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : protostar | author: Kyle Ledbetter | version: 1.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 4.0.5 | creationdate: 2015-08-17

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 4.0.5 | 2015-08-17 [ Turnau ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 3.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 3.1.0 | Content - Kunena Discuss 3.1.0

Modules: Kunena Latest 3.1.1 | Kunena Stats 3.1.0 | Kunena Login 3.1.0 | Kunena Search 3.1.0

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by zt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
Looks like the encoding is wrong on Joomla language pack.

If everything is ok in kunena, then its the joomla language issue.

More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by zt
Thank you. Does that mean I can only wait for Joomla to publish its new language pack and hope this will be resolved then?

More
8 years 6 months ago #4 by rich
The Chinese language files are broken in Kunena Latest. They are ISO 8859-15 Windows.
I've uploaded two zip files with four data for you. Please unzip these and copy it to:

language/zh-CN
language/zh-TW

admin/language/zh-CN
admin/language/zh-TW
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zt

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #5 by zt
Hi rich, thank you very much.

I copied these two files into the language/zh-CN folder inside the mod_kunenalatest_v3.1.1_2015-07-17.zip installation file and reinstalled this extension.
zh-CN.mod_kunenalatest.sys.ini
zh-CN.mod_kunenalatest.ini

The result is the Kunena Latest Post notification is display correctly, however the Joomla/Kunena login form still have the garbled characters problem.

The Kunena Latest topic notification display is fine now.

The Joomla/Kunena login form still display garbage characters.

Same for the zh-TW language set.

Please advise whether I did wrong, or something additional needs to be done? Thank you.
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #6 by rich
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #7 by zt
Thank you but sorry.

The characters set in zh-CN.mod_kunenalogin.ini are actually zh-TW (Traditional Chinese).

While the characters set in zh-TW.mod_kunenalogin are actually zh-CN (Simplified Chinese). So these two file names should be exchanged.

Also I noticed that in the mod_kunenalogin_v3.1.0_2015-07-13.zip file, in language\zh-TW there is no zh-TW.mod_kunenalogin.sys.ini file. While in the language\zh-CN there is a zh-CN.mod_kunenalogin.sys.ini file.

Does this matter?

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #8 by rich

So these two file names should be exchanged.

ahh.. I mixed the names. Please rename the files and copy in the correct folder.

Also I noticed that in the mod_kunenalogin_v3.1.0_2015-07-13.zip file, in language\zh-TW there is no zh-TW.mod_kunenalogin.sys.ini file. While in the language\zh-CN there is a zh-CN.mod_kunenalogin.sys.ini file.

Does this matter?

No, you see this text only during the installation.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by rich.

More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by zt

More
8 years 6 months ago #10 by zt
Hi, I need to reopen this issue.

I just updated the Kunena plugins and modules to the 3.1.1 and 4.0.6 versions. The Loigin form garbled characters come back again.

I think the mod_kunenalogin_v3.1.1_2015-09-28.zip file's language files are still not correct for zh-CN and zh-TW. Can you correct these?

Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds