Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved anonymous posts

More
8 years 7 months ago #1 by betteryouthanme
Hey,

this post refers to this issue on github

Actually there was "anonymous posts" allowed in the backend in one of my categories.
So besides the styling it's all okay.

I was just confused about the "You are posting the message as a 'Guest'" as i have not ticked the anonymous post box in the editor yet.
Maybe you can put everything in one div, box and info. Or just remove the guest info completely? "This post contains sensitive information. Remove all user information from this post" seems sufficient.

Sorry for the trouble on GitHub ;)

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic anonymous posts
I'm not sure I understand the issue here. It may help to see your configuration report that can assist us in determining the "problem" that you illustrated in your screenshots (below).

Can you describe

(a) the steps involved to produce the problem;
(b) what is the exact nature of the problem. For example, is it just that you are unclear what is meant by
  • "This post contains sensitive information. Remove all information from this post."; or
  • "You are posting this message as a guest"
(c) can you explain what you mean by the "styling" not being as you expect? :S

If there is a defect here, I am sure that we all want to learn more about it and what needs to be done to fix it. Thanks for your involvement in Kunena. :)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by betteryouthanme
Replied by betteryouthanme on topic anonymous posts
(a)
no re-produce, it's just there with boostrap 3 template Purity III and Kunena b3 template (latest github version)

(b)
The blue info box is mistakable as it says you post as a guest, no matter if the checkbox above is ticked or not. As far as i understand, you have the choice if you post as guest (Anonymous) or as regular user. This should be more clear.

(c)
quick reply: the checkbox is right after the username, there should be a line break.
regular reply: the tick box should be infront of the Anonymous Post title or a line break after the title.

If it's still not clear what i mean, let me know.

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe - the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. Immanuel Kant

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
I understand point (a) above.

betteryouthanme wrote: (b) ... no matter if the checkbox above is ticked or not ... [and]

(c)
quick reply: the checkbox is right after the username, there should be a line break.
regular reply: the tick box should be infront of the Anonymous Post title or a line break after the title.

This may be a Crypsis B3 defect and the developers should respond to your question. Thank you for clarifying the issue.

I suspect, however, because most people do not use Purity III template for Joomla (or Kunena's Crypsis forum template), this topic may not attract much interest within the community. Based on the questions asked in the forum (and from the configuration reports that people have submitted with their questions), most people are still using Kunena's Blue Eagle forum template. On the basis of what I've read in this forum, Crypsis has not been the "marketing success" that the developers may have hoped for.

Do you have any issues using the Blue Eagle template?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 7 months ago #5 by betteryouthanme

sozzled wrote: I suspect, however, because most people do not use Purity III template for Joomla (or Kunena's Crypsis forum template), this topic may not attract much interest within the community. Based on the questions asked in the forum (and from the configuration reports that people have submitted with their questions), most people are still using Kunena's Blue Eagle forum template. On the basis of what I've read in this forum, Crypsis has not been the "marketing success" that the developers may have hoped for.

May have to do that CrypsisB3 was not really functional, most important the modals were not working. Since last beta release it looks pretty fine. Guess with the next release i'm going to use B3. :woohoo:

Also there seems to be a little confusion whitch crypsis version is to use regarding the bootstrap version running.
Maybe it could help to include the b3 template in the default installation?

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds