Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Serious BUG(s) in kunena 4.05 - SOS

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1 by kunenauser40
I have Joomla 3.4.3 and kunena 4.05 with Blue Eagle 4.05 template and I curse the time I updated from 4.03 (when all was PERFECT) to 4.05 which is full of bugs.

I found a serious problem and some others smaller problems.

So after the update from version 4.03 to 4.05 I have the following problems (BEFORE THERE WEREN'T EXIST and also I didn't add / remove / update anything else)

1). When you moderate and transfer a post from one thread (THREAD-1) to another (THREAD-2), then kunena confuse the previous thread (THREAD-1) that you moved the post with the THREAD-2, and any previous links you had in THREAD-1 redirects to the THREAD-2. VERY BIG MESS !!!!!!!

2). In version 4.03 WAMP 2.5 worked perfect and I could see my forum offline to test, now in version 4.05 it doesn't even open the forum from the menu and says that the page isn't available so I cannot test it offline anymore

3). When you add pictures attachments in a post, kunena adds a lot of times a message that writes that you have to login/ register to see this attachment. BUT in configuration I have (and always had) the option that all the pictures to be public and to don't acquire a user to be registered to see it. And the irony is that this message is shown below the picture that this picture is shown correctly!!!! All the users (registered or public) can see the picture, but below this picture in most cases appears the message that you have to register to see the picture that you see the same time above you!!!

4). Auto-subscriptions - I have made a post for this here and still hasn't been fixed :

www.kunena.org/forum/kunena-4-0-support-...iptions?limitstart=0

To help you understand the most serious problem (the number 1 I write above) I explain it with detail here :

1). When you moderate and transfer a post from one thread (THREAD-1) to another (THREAD-2), then kunena confuse the previous thread (THREAD-1) that you moved the post with the THREAD-2, and any previous links you had in THREAD-1 redirects to the THREAD-2. VERY BIG MESS!!!!!!!

I made a thread - let's say it THREAD-1, and I put the link in facebook and twitter so the people to see it. I checked that link from facebook / twitter and it was opened the THREAD-1 correctly.

After some days, a user made a post in this thread (THREAD-1), but he was offtopic and his answer was best fit in an another thread - let's say it THREAD-2, so I moderate the THREAD-1 and I moved his single post from THREAD-1 to THREAD-2.

Then after a day, I noticed that something was strange, I saw that the page views of THREAD-2 (that was NOT popular thread) raised very much about 500 views, and the THREAD-1 that was very popular and had about 600 views already before as I remembered, now had decreased the pageviews (was about 50 from at least 500 as I remember)!!!

So I suppose that after the moderation of the post, kunena confused the THREAD-1 with THREAD-2, and also their page views!

Then I remembered that I had published some days ago as I told you the link of THREAD-1 in facebook / twitter (before I moved the post from THREAD-1 to THREAD-2 and become the MESS i describe), so I thought I should check it. So, I opened twitter and facebook to check the link of THREAD-1 I had published from the beginning and with surprise, I saw that it opened the THREAD-2 instead of the THREAD-1 that it was from the beginning. BIG MESS! In the URL I saw that the text was almost the same but the number had 1 number less ( for example if the first original message was mysite.com/forum/products/169-THREAD-1, now it was mysite.com/forum/products/168-THREAD-1. So the number 169 had become 168 and the other text was the same.

So as you have understand, this is very serious problem and can almost destroy a forum..... I can't imagine if thousand users that updated in kunena 4.05 had done hundreds of moderation in threads and now they are trying to find what link is what and where.

Please check them, I don't know what kind of update was 4.05 (and if it is related that 4.04 was CRUSHED and immediately released the 4.05) but it's full of bugs and I curse the time I updated to this version!!!!!
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by kunenauser40.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #2 by 810
1) I can't reproduce this, when i have a topic with message id 255, and a reply (message id 256). Then i clik on moderate the reply. (same section/different topic). i clicked on proceed. Then the reply is moved to a other topic, with the same message id 256. When i go to the normal url from the first topic. The correct topic is loaded with message id 255.

2) This caused by a wrong kunena menu. You must load the forum by a alias (forum). you can fix this by set the menu to default (kunena - tools - menu manager- fix menu)

3) bug: fix: github.com/810/Kunena-Forum/commit/9c091...b4e1112bc5f422507e10

4) You can change all users to the default setting, but if user has changed that setting, the setting will be lost. Thats why we don't included it.

you can fix it by the follow sql. That you need to do in your database.
Code:
UPDATE `#__kunena_users` SET `canSubscribe` = '-1'

change #_ with your prefix.

More
8 years 7 months ago #3 by kunenauser40

810 wrote: 1) I can't reproduce this, when i have a topic with message id 255, and a reply (message id 256). Then i clik on moderate the reply. (same section/different topic). i clicked on proceed. Then the reply is moved to a other topic, with the same message id 256. When i go to the normal url from the first topic. The correct topic is loaded with message id 255.

2) This caused by a wrong kunena menu. You must load the forum by a alias (forum). you can fix this by set the menu to default (kunena - tools - menu manager- fix menu)

3) bug: fix: github.com/810/Kunena-Forum/commit/9c091...b4e1112bc5f422507e10

4) You can change all users to the default setting, but if user has changed that setting, the setting will be lost. Thats why we don't included it.

you can fix it by the follow sql. That you need to do in your database.

Code:
UPDATE `#__kunena_users` SET `canSubscribe` = '-1'

change #_ with your prefix.

I reproduced the number 1 by moderating some topics and now it's OK, I don't know what happened to the previous post that changed it's ID by a number, I suppose something happened from the moderation of the post and recreate the post with another ID....

For the other problems, I'm waiting the update and hope to fix the problems.

But for WAMP (number 2 as I wrote above), I tried the kunena - tools - menu manager- fix menu but nothing happened. I then tried from Joomla menu to basic and kunena menu and I rebuilt them but still when you click the forum, still writes "Page not available", all the others working OK except kunena, and also kunena was working OK in previous version 4.03 in wamp the menu was opening immediately.

Have you got any other suggestion to do to fix this?

Thanks.

More
8 years 7 months ago #4 by 810
check that you have a .httaccess file, and the sef option in joomla and kunena are enabled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #5 by kunenauser40
In WAMP because is in local PC, the .httaccess is as httaccess.txt (because you cannot create such a file in windows).

As for the sef option (also and URL rewriting) in local wamp are always disabled because they're causing errors in local environment, but at the live site online are OK.

But the problem is in Wamp (local), I don't know why is stopped working the menu to open the forum. I suspect something has to do with the menu but I'm not sure...
(I tried to enable SEF - still the same problem remains).

I'll try if I can fix this also from wamp forums if it has something to do with wamp, but as I told before, at version 4.03 all were ok including wamp.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by kunenauser40.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled

kunenauser40 wrote: In WAMP because is in local PC, the .httaccess is as httaccess.txt (because you cannot create such a file in windows).

Strictly-speaking, that's not entirely true. Yes, I realise that you cannot create a file called .htaccess under the Windows operating system and you cannot rename a file called htaccess.txt to .htaccess You can, however, download the file .htaccess from your live site to your PC and use that.

I have written about "support" from this community for people who use their own PC-hosted servers. I understand that some people like to try things out using software like WAMP, XAMPP, MAMP, etc.. Experimenting in a single-user test environment liek WAMP may be useful but it's not like the "real thing", is it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds