Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved *** New - Link within Category but not on Index?

More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by lightbulbwebdesign
Hi all,

I have noticed that when you browse the Index page of the forum, each category has a (*** New) message to the right of the Category name.

When you are viewing a Category, this same message is shown for each thread.

When viewing a Category, this message is a link and you can click it, but when viewing the Kunena Index page, this message is not a link.

Is this by design or a missing feature/bug?

Thanks,

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

lightbulbwebdesign wrote: When viewing a Category, [the "new" indicator] is a link and you can click it but, when viewing the Index page, [the indicator] is not a link.

Is this by design or a missing feature/bug?

The category view—the index of topics within a single category—behaves similarly to the way that the "new" indicator works in the Recent Topics view.

I wrote about this behaviour in the topic Threads NEW post green link a few years ago.

The short answer to your question is that the NEW indicator is not clickable on the Index view. It has been like this since I can't remember when.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by lightbulbwebdesign
Seems a little strange it works in one place and not the other though, it confuses those forum users who are easily confused, I feel it is better to not have it where it doesn't work or make it work everywhere?

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
I understand what you are saying but you should remember that the Index view shows a list of categories and the Category view (and the Recent Topics view) shows a list of topics.

When you are viewing the list of categories, the NEW indicator is not a hyperlink; when you view a list of topics, the indicator is a hyperlink.

As strange as it may seem, this is how it has worked for as long as I can remember.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds