Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Compatible with J3.6?

More
7 years 9 months ago #1 by dianaNashif
Is K 4.0.11 compatible with J3.6?

Any recommendations for an error free upgrade?

Getting messages from Joomla many times day so I better do this soon.

Please advise.....

Thank you,
Diana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Compatible with J3.6?
Yes Kunena is compatible with J3.6.

More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Compatible with J3.6?

dianaNashif wrote: Is K 4.0.11 compatible with J3.6? Any recommendations for an error free upgrade?

Yes, Diana. Like you I've been getting the daily hasslemails about updating to J! 3.6. There's been a lot of folklore about problems people have been having with the update to J! 3.6 and most of that can be dismissed as just "folklore" (or evidence of some really bad site administration and a case of leaving everything to the last moment).

Points to make:

1) K 4.0.11 is compatible with J! 3.6 (but there are known limitations, of course, between Crypsis and Blue Eagle).

2) The Kunena developers have made it clear and unambiguous that they are not releasing any future updates for K 4.0. You can infer from that whatever you want.

3) Upgrading J! 3.6 is performed using the Joomla Update component. Further information is available at the Joomla website .

Personal experience is that the upgrade to J! 3.6 is nothing to worry about but, as I implied earlier, everyone's experience could differ. Cheers.

More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by dianaNashif
Replied by dianaNashif on topic Compatible with J3.6?
Thank you Sozzeled! I am happy you are the one that replied because I trust you!

After JomSocial gets their update ready for J3.6 I'll update.

Going to miss blue eagle once K 5 is officially ready for us all.

Cheers!

Diana

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds