Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Upgrade from K3.x to K4 has failed. Problems with UddeIM

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1 by jimrowland
I upgraded my site this morning from J3.2 to J3.4.5 (for the security fix). While I was at it, I also decided to upgrade Kunena from 3.x to 4, and CB from 1.9.1 to 2.0. I started with Kunena, and the upgrade from 3.x to 4 went through flawlessly. I then upgraded CB, again without problems. However, when I tried to go into the Kunena back-end manager, I got the following error:
Code:
500 Internal Server Error Fatal Error was detected! The error was detected in the Uddeim Component. Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare uddeIMgetUserTZ() (previously declared in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/joomla/components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib32.php:30) in components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib31.php on line 33

Researching UddeIM showed me that there was an available update for that, so I upgraded from 3.3 to 3.7. That did not fix the problem.

If I disable the plugin Kunena - UddeIM Integration, I am able to get into the K manager. If I re-enable the plugin, the error comes back.

Since it's a 500 error, I also checked out the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error page. Nothing there seemed relevant.

I first reported this issue on Joomla support forums. I was informed that I cannot use "both" PMS systems on CB, that I must select either the UddeIM one, or the CB PMS one. That's not the issue, because I only have one selected - the UddeIM one. (that was true in the lower versions as well, and I've been running steady for about 18 months now.

I'm not sure what other details to provide, so here is my config report:
Warning: Spoiler!

I appreciate any thoughts.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by jimrowland.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by 810
Hi,

if you want to use the uddeim then go to kunena plugin manager -> select cb plugin
-> change tab -> set private to "No" and click save. And enable the uddeim plugin

If you want to move to cb pm. Then this is good.

See also our issue report from GitHub: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/2439

More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by jimrowland
Thanks for the reply.

And enable the uddeim plugin

the problem is that as soon as I click the button to enable the UddeIM plugin (from within the Kunena manager), the error screen pops up.

I did go into the CB Plugin and set the PM to "no" first, but that did not solve the problem.

Maybe I'll just uninstall UddeIM and migrate wholly to CB2 private message system. I'm not sure that looks like, and I have almost 100,000 PMs in my UddeIM database, which my users might find a bit troubling, if they have on-going PM conversations.

More
8 years 5 months ago #4 by 810

1.3.6 “Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uddeIMgetUserTZ() (previously declared in…”
After upgrading uddeIM I get following error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uddeIMgetUserTZ() (previously declared in …/com_uddeim/uddeimlibXX.php) in …/com_uddeim/uddeimlibYY.php
or Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uddeIMmodCheckCB() (previously declared in …/mod_uddeim/mod_uddeim.php) in …/mod_uddeim/mod_uddeim.php
or Fatal error: Cannot redeclare uddeIMcheckJVersion() (previously declared in …/mod_uddeim/mod_uddeim.php) in …/administrator/components/com_uddeim/admin.shared.php
You have not upgraded all uddeIM modules, plugins or CB plugins (or the component itself). UddeIM uses a compatibility layer to make it compatible to all official Joomla versions (it will change with each Joomla version). E.g. uddeIM 2.6 on Joomla 2.5 loads the correct compatibility layer for Joomla 2.5. When you have forgotten to update the notifier module (you are using version 2.5 or older), it tries to load the wrong compatibility layer for Joomla 1.7 which will give the conflict above.

More
8 years 5 months ago #5 by jimrowland
Yeah, I read that... what I took away from it was this line:

You have not upgraded all uddeIM modules, plugins or CB plugins (or the component itself).

But as far as I can tell, all modules and plugins for all components were brought up to date.

More
8 years 5 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

The way to resolve this issue is explained in the UddeIm FAQ : www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plug...nside-before-posting

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds